Chapter 2

Dean and Oliver packed a bag for themselves as well as for Sapphire. They didn't want to see Sapphire off quite yet and it isn't uncommon for families to want to attend the ceremony. The Ceremony isn't too extravagant unless you are found to be an Assassin, Archer, Steward, or Sorceress. The Evans family has a long line of Archers and Assassins. It was actually told that their grandmother apparently wept when Oliver was found to be a Steward. It wasn't a pretty sight... But their parents didn't care and accepted him no matter what. They loved him either way. Some families take it very hard if their child is in a different class. Class is huge in determining your role, so separation is a huge deal. Dean was stationed with The Execution Order for a while since he has what they call "A-Tier capabilities." And Oliver trained at home mainly, at the same time, he took care of Sapphire. But once Sapphire turned eight, Oliver had to help clean up some chaos with The Guardian Order- Oliver is also incredibly strong, ranking at A-Tier alongside with Dean. At this time, Dean was relieved to take care of Sapphire. She was thirteen when she saw Oliver again. Ever since Sapphire turned thirteen, her brother hasn't been called to fulfill any duties, and they finished raising her together. Or have they? It doesn't seem like they want to let go and to be honest... Neither does she.

Sapphire was lost in thought while they approached The Order's Castle. The carriage was halted abruptly, tracing Sapphire from her thoughts and nerves. Dean looks out the window. "Stay here," He says firmly and jumps out of the carriage. Sapphire and Oliver then look out the window. To see a black mist forming around a body that is blocking their passageway. The creature's eyes glow a bright red and the mist fades into the body, echoing a burst of shuddering laughter. Dean stands on the side of the carriage, holding out a dagger.

"You think you can touch me with that?" Its voice sounded corrupted into multiple voices. This sent a shiver down Sapphire's spine as she viewed from the distance.

Dean just smirks and vanishes in the air. As mentioned before, Assassin's magic coincides with the element of air. "Dean has his dagger, things must be serious." Sapphire says. Normally, Dean's dagger stays in his holster. The dagger is coated with dark toxins that can be really lethal to anyone who touches it.

Dean landed a blow, showing himself behind the creature. The dagger pierced the Demon's vessel and it screamed, the black mist started to discharge. "I'm sorry." The vessel says as she collapses to the ground. Dean sighed and walked back to the carriage.

"What about the body?" Sapphire asks Oliver.

"It will dissemble itself. You can see it start to form now." Oliver points to the direction of particles of tiny black orbs descending into the sky.

From there, they didn't say anything until they reached The Castle of The Temple Order.

At the entrance, a servant meets them, and then leads them into the throne room. Everything felt fast-paced and Sapphire was just holding her breath. She felt shaky but stood strong and held her nauseousness to herself. "Lady Sapphire Evans." The servant greets and bows to a man sitting on a silver throne. At this moment Sapphire realizes that the ride to the Temple was a blur before and after the Demon encounter. She realized that she was just lost in her thoughts. Lady? It hardly felt like we were somewhat nobles... being raised by my older brothers. Sapphire thought of the servant's gestures. Their family would mainly dismiss the maids and servants, cleaning up after themselves. But the Evan's family has a strong bloodline that has descended from dragons. There was a dragon tamed by a Nobleman Evans family member, he then turned the dragon into a human form. She was beautiful and they fell in love. The two had many children, but the dragon portion of their blood remained, even if they could never go back to the original dragon state. Which this information may not be valuable, but may be acquainted with why the family is normally a higher-tier rank. Their capabilities are stronger than most, and it could be nearly impossible to defeat a member with such powerful blood.