Chapter 18

Everyone entered through the barrier. Maybe you will get some answers. Sapphire encourages herself to not fumble. Not when she reached this far. Through the barrier... The houses are so elegant. And the bridges and paths seem so bright. Everything about the Elven kingdom is almost a blinding white with accents of blue or based on a cool color scheme. There are many areas of grass and flowers. It's beautiful. Words cannot simply put together its elegance. They entered through the gates to get inside. "Elanor." A woman says, stunned. Her eyes are widened and her jaw is dropping slightly. The woman has light ashy, straight hair, blue eyes, and a pale ivory skin tone. She stands up and walks away from the throne. "Is that really..." She approaches Elena.

"Elentari," Elena gives a slight bow and looks over to Sapphire. "Elentari, I want to inform you of Carter's path. He wants to overrule the Humans." She looks at Elentari. "He wants power, as you may know. But he will not stop with them. He will hunt down the barrier. I don't know what words to say to convince you to join us. But Sapphire," She looks at Sapphire again. "She has the power to rule us into battle- We can claim our rightful place besides the Witches. Sapphire has the Emerald Rose." Elentari gasped and so did a few of the other Elves that were in the room.

Elentari looks at Sapphire. "You really have the Emerald Rose?"

Sapphire whispers. "Archer." Archer appears beside Sapphire. His astonishing bone structures and wide smile threw Elentari off. He's wearing a black leather coat, blue jeans, and a white shirt beneath the coat. His dark brown hair is fluffed and combed over. Elentari's glance goes to his eyes. Archer's light purple eyes glistened as they met eyes. "Archer is very skilled at the bow," Sapphire says, holding a hand to her chest. "He will fight beside us." She steps forward. "His abilities coincide with fire. He can impale an enemy with his fire arrows. Archer summons energy when firing an arrow- up to 100 fire arrows can be created in the air with his magic. Once he releases the main arrow, all the others inflict area damage. Archer also summons and places invisible traps." Sapphire takes a breath as her face starts to turn red. Then she continues; "If an enemy is inflicted by a trap, they get burned. Archer can also summon fire whirlpools. Archer is a very talented Summoning. Not only are all his abilities astonishing, but he has multiple weapons that he links his magic to." Archer summons a bow in his hand. "His main weapon: Magic fire Bow, summoning each arrow by magic." Archer's bow vanishes as he summons a dagger surrounded by flame. "Archer can also summon a magic fire Dagger, he normally summons it if needed for close combat." His dagger vanishes and an adorable Labrador retriever circles his legs. "My favorite is when Archer summons his pet to help his hunt and alert him behind." Sapphire takes a breath. "He isn't the only Summoning, as you may know. All Summons want to help and make things right. With your aid, we can destroy Carter. And with your kingdom by my side, I will restore the Elves to their rightful place. The Elves are equals- I believe in this. And many other witches do as well." Sapphire looked at Archer. "You may be dismissed." Archer then vanishes with his dog.

"Sapphire, if you have all the summonings. Why can't you fight Carter and his men alone?" Elentari asks.

Sapphire lets a small smile cross her face. "You see, I thought that with power... I can do anything I would like. But no matter how powerful one person is, they will always need help. And besides, I am not the only one who wants to take Carter down. I am not the only one who wants to destroy the order. I am not the only one who wants to save Humans, Elves, and Witches. The point is... I am not the only one. And nobody could take on this alone, no matter how powerful. I have come to learn that being together..." Sapphire turns to look at all of her friends and brothers. "Allies..." She turns back around. "We empower each other. Challenge each other. Grow stronger together."

Elena looks towards the ground. My half-assed speech probably wouldn't sway them. But Sapphire? She can. Her words have power and emotion. While I stood there, scared. And to be honest... I felt empty.