Chapter 27

A few days passed, Sapphire spent a lot of time with Chase. He mentored her and she started climbing the ranks, appearing to be a C-Tier now. Grayson avoided Sapphire, spending a lot of time with Ana, and sleeping at her apartment. Grayson came to Sapphire with Ana clutching his arm. Despite this, Sapphire let them in. Meredith trailed behind them. "Is Chase here yet?" Ana asks Sapphire.

Sapphire sighed. "No, what is all of this about? I got your message-"

"Did you burn it?" Ana whipped her head and was inches from Sapphire's face.

Sapphire took a step back and nodded her head.

"Very well." Ana sighed in relief.

A knock appeared at the door, and Grayson went to open it. Chase walked past Grayson. "So you finally trust me." He states, staring in Ana's direction.

"This is a serious matter. I wasn't sure who all to trust." Ana replies.

"So mind telling us why this gathering was arranged?" Chase asks, taking a seat on the couch.

Everyone followed. Sapphire sat next to Chase. Meredith and Ana sat on the couch across from them. Grayson just paced around. "We have a plan to get to Elite," Meredith states.

Chase lets out a slight laugh. "How do you plan on doing that?"

Unbothered, Meredith opened her lips to speak again, but Ana cut her off. Ana was clearly bothered. "You doubt us?"

"Taking down Elite isn't a gentle topic. How do you plan on taking her down?" Chase slouched back.

"Sage." Grayson stops pacing and leans in from behind Ana. "She seems to be interested in Elite's latest discussions."

"How would you know what her discussions are?" Chase darts his head to Grayson.

"Because I know all of her ins and outs." Meredith points to Sapphire. "Sage piqued an interest in Elite. I can't quite tell if you remind her of someone or if she has some sort of thing for you. But we can use this to take her down."

"How?" Sapphire asks.

Ana leans in and gives an uneasy smile then starts to explain what they aimed to do. There... The plan was in motion.

***

Ana, Meredith, and Grayson left the room after a few hours of talking over and over about the plan. Chase gets up, paces the room, and turns to Sapphire. "Sage, I cannot let you do this." He calmly says.

Sapphire stands up slowly. "I have to, there is no other option."

Chase approaches Sapphire and pulls her in. She rests her head on his shoulder as he grips tight. "There is something about you that makes me want to let down my barriers- I want to let you in. I want you. To be mine. To be with me..." He trails off.

Sapphire closes her eyes as a tear strolls down. "You have to promise me something."

"Yes?"

"Promise me you will let me do this."

"Promise me that when this is over... You make it. And I will take you on a proper date. Because-" He sighs. "I would like to pursue a relationship with you." He lets a slight nervous laugh escape. "I never thought I would let anyone in. I never thought I would want anyone to break my barriers. But I want all of you-"

"I will let you know who I am... truly... and..." Sapphire shakes her head and brushes her body up, standing on her toes. She kisses Chase, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulls him closer. "I will give you all of me... I will make you mine. Because you drive me crazy head over heels for you. And..." Sapphire lets out a short laugh. "I will make you mine."