Chapter 20

Elentari requested Sapphire and Elena's presence. "So, it has come to my attention that a hunter is your prisoner." Elentari starts off with. Elena opens her mouth to speak but Elentari waves her hand to shush Elena. "Some of the Human soldiers had brought him to Liam and Grayson's home." She turns her head to Elena. "Why didn't you kill him?"

"Because... He killed me." Elena softly says.

Elentari squints her eyes. "What?"

"Sapphire revived me somehow..." Elentari turns her gaze at Sapphire.

"Why didn't you kill him? After he killed-"

"Please, Elentari. I think that hunters would be beneficial. Sure, they hunt all supernatural beings. But the thing is. If stated the facts, he could help us convince his people to help us fight."

"We have plenty of people to help us fight."

"Shouldn't we give them a chance at a better life?" Sapphire screams. "God! We should give them the benefit of the doubt. They were only trained because some of the Witches became monsters. They were only bloody trained to protect each other! Can't we say the same? What the hell are we doing now?" Sapphire steps forth. "We are preparing for war. We are preparing for a second chance."

Elentari stands there, stunned. "You-" She starts then immediately shakes her head and chuckles. "You are right. But what makes you think that you can change his mind? Let alone his people's."

"I have ways with showing people the truth. That we are all here to survive. See me as a monster, I don't care. But we want to protect the same things."

"Well, I wish you luck on that aspect." Elentari nods her head and circles Sapphire. "I have a proposition for you."

"What is that?" Sapphire asks.

"I am aware of your relationship with Grayson. But I would like to introduce you to Ayato Faelyn. He has another army that could help us out. His army is full of rare elements."

"What exactly are you proposing?" Elena asks, stepping forth.

"That Sapphire becomes Ayato's fiance," Elentari says.

"Why?" Sapphire asks.

"To gain his army of Void Elves."

"I will do it," Elena says.

Elentari looks at Elena. "Elenor-"

"You used to talk of making sacrifices. Don't you dare make Sapphire sacrifice more than she already has? And she may sacrifice more." Elena says, firmly. "Sapphire has been swung around with marriage anyway. She cannot do a binding, she is married to Carter."

Sapphire almost forgot that the ring was there. She tries to ignore the outstanding ring because it is a constant reminder- A reminder of how foolish she was. Elentari looks down at Sapphire's ring. "I see, there is much you haven't told me." She then looks back at Elena. "Very well, Elenor-"

"My new name is Elena. Please, call me Elena."

***

Another day rose as a bunch of men in purple and white elven armor approached. Ayato had arrived to meet with Elena. Some Elven maidens helped Elena put together an Elven ballgown. The dress was a light blue strapless floral-beaded sequin ballgown. The sequins were silver and had accents of fading into a darker blue. Her auburn wavy hair was curled and half pinned up by pearl pins. She had pearl studded earrings. With a matching simple pearl necklace. They put a silver crown that lowered with a pearl wrapped around the silver. It was put together so elegantly. Not a traditional Elven dress. Elena gets escorted out of the room and to the ballroom. "Flower of the Stars! Elena is here." An Elf called out to the crowd. Everyone turned and awed as Elena walked down the stairs. Elena met eyes with Sapphire and her nerves calmed down. She nodded to herself. You can do this. Elena thinks to herself. She takes Dean's hand and starts to sway in a dance. Grayson asks for Sapphire's hand and then they sway into a dance alongside Elena and Dean. Oliver asks for Elentari's hand. And then they sway on the dance floor as well. Soon, many others join in to dance. The violins and cellos start to play a slower tune. "May I have this dance?" Ayato asks Elena, holding out a hand. The floor starts to clear and she nods. "I can tell you are nervous."

"Well, marriage is a huge step. And to be honest, I feel like we shouldn't even be focused on that. I get it is to create alliances, but- we need to prepare for war."

"Well, you are headstrong. Not many women speak their mind."

"Not many women have their own mind."

Ayato lets a slight laugh out. "To be honest, I don't want to get married. But bindings are necessary."

"Necessary?"

"It enhances power and raises hope. I see your points but there are other factors to be made."

Elena inhales. "Alright," She looks around the room and catches eyes with Sapphire. She shakes her head and looks at Ayato. "I don't want a loveless marriage. There will be transactions between making alliances. But I want to be happy myself."

"I am listening."

"Before we both make a choice, we should get to know each other. From there, we decide together. Because in marriage, I would want my partner and I to be equals."

"And I don't disagree."

"Thank you." They bow as the violins come to a stop.

***

A few days passed. Everyone continued working hard on their practices. Elena and Ayato started to get to know each other. Sapphire felt a distance from Elena but tried to ignore it by occupying her time with Grayson. Liam, Dean, Oliver, and Ambrose switched turns to watch over Godwin. On the times Oliver wasn't watching over Godwin, he did research. Oliver came across some information as to Sapphire's creation. And he was stunned, leaning back as he dropped his jaw. Sapphire does have a father. And her father is the Summon Lord. The Summon Lord and Sorceress were in love for a while. And it was the Summon Lord's decision to give Sapphire up to the Human realm- in hopes she would be able to protect it. The Sorceress and the Summon Lord had a disagreement over Sapphire. But the details were not explained. "How did I even stumble upon this?" He asks. Assassin then appears beside him. "What are you doing here?"

"I believe Sapphire has the right to know." She grabs a dagger that lies beside a few books and starts to fiddle with it in her hands.

"So you set this out?" Oliver asks.

"Archives that were in the Summon World."

"But... Won't you get in trouble?"

"Look," Assassin looks into Oliver's eyes. "I want what is best for Sapphire. And she deserves to learn the truth."

"This could change things."

"I believe it will empower Sapphire." She leans close to Oliver. She put the dagger on the desk. Then her hands grip the armrest of the chair, pulling herself closer. "I found answers for Sapphire. It is up to you as to what to do with that."

"That isn't fair- Putting that knowledge in my hands."

"It may be necessary. It may not be. We will never know, will we?"

"I- I can't tell her."

"Well you have information-"

"Why don't you tell her?"