Chapter 11

Liam showed Sapphire to the carriage and they rode to the castle. During the ride, Sapphire leans in to ask; "Oh, Liam? You look and sound familiar-"

"I was at the temple when Grayson escaped. I had informed Carter. But I used that as an opportunity to get out." He lets a small chuckle escape. "I tricked Carter into a sleep potion- It doesn't last a long time. Just enough for me to escape." He shakes his head.

They arrived at the castle. Sapphire's presence was instantaneously alluring to the Duke and other Noblemen. Sapphire reached for the chain of her pendant and closed her eyes for a moment to remember her brothers. You got this. She heard Dean's voice. Sapphire, things will make sense soon. Just keep your head high! Oliver's voice rang in her ears. She opened her eyes and nodded her head. "Liam, would you mind introducing me to a few gentlemen here before we meet the king?" At that moment a man with a light blue and gray coat walked up to the both of them and bowed. "Sir Liam Schumacher." The man stood upright and his hair waved ever so gently when he did. His hair is a dark black color, with very fine strands of hair dangled over his head. He has these enchanting green eyes that caught Sapphire off guard. And his skin tone is an ivory color. His skin doesn't look soft, but that is how you know he has fought in some battles.

"This is Captain Smith," Liam says.

"You must be the beautiful Miss Evans I have heard about." News travels fast. Sapphire thought.

"Very flattering." Sapphire takes a deep breath. "Please, call me Sapphire."

"I will do my best." He winks.

A man dressed in tan, simple clothing rushes up to Captain Smith. "Captain! The king needs you."

"Mr. Bennett! Captain Smith exclaims. "Have you met Sapphire Evans yet?" Bennett. Bennett... Wait... Sapphire stares into Mr. Bennett's eyes as he turns to greet her. You were in one of my dreams. I have your journal- I... Sapphire felt like a statue. She began to get lost in his eyes. His very ocean-like blue eyes. Mr. Bennett has a medium ash color, wavy hair, and an ivory skin tone.

"Miss Evans?" Mr. Bennett says as he takes a step forward.

"Y-Yes?"

"Are you alright?"

"You looked familiar."

"I had the same feeling." He let off a soft smile that felt unnerving to Sapphire.

"Right," Captain Smith says as he and Mr. Bennett rush off.

"You alright, Sapphire?" Liam asks, snapping her out of another trance.

"Yes, sorry."

"No need to apologize, we can introduce you to some other Dukes."

***

After meeting a few Duke's, Captain Smith gestures for Liam to come to his meeting with the King. Sapphire then felt weak in the knees. The King immediately seemed to shine when Sapphire walked through the room.

"Sapphire?" She hears a whisper through her ear. Assassin? She thinks. "I see the reason you need to adjust your status. Hear me out. Mention to the King that Liam is a suitor." What? Why? "Because the king has an instant liking for you. We can see it."

Sapphire nudges Liam. "I mention this not to make you uncomfortable." She whispers as the King walks through the door. "But maybe we should say you are a potential suitor to the King- When he comes back?"

"That may be a good idea to get him to push." He sits on the couch and lounges back. "Are you truly okay with everything going on?"

Sapphire lowers her head and looks back up. "If I am going to be totally honest, no. Nothing makes sense to me. And everything moves along quickly with no answers to give me knowledge." Sapphire sighs. "Maybe I am too lost and the answers are all there."