Chapter 12

Sapphire stared into the Sorceress's eyes. She couldn't move. She couldn't speak. It was as if Sapphire herself was in a trance. "Just why?"

"Why what?"

"Why was I raised with the Evan's family? What is with the pendants? We were told it was to bring family together- Blood together!" Sapphire felt as if she was raising her voice, she was. But she didn't care. Sapphire felt a rage inside of her. "So, what? My whole life was a lie?" Sapphire didn't want to stop there. "Who is my father? Why did you allow me to stoop into Carter's grasp? What is the point of every pivot in my life that has allowed me to get to here?"

"I know you are angry-"

"Angry doesn't even hit close to how I feel." Sapphire interrupted Sorceress. "I feel lied to. I feel used. I feel betrayed. And lost! What is the mere point of my existence?"

"I am sorry you feel that way and you have every right to," Sorceress says. Sapphire gives a little huff and crosses her arms. "I don't deserve the title of being your mother. That right is given to Ruby Evans. The Evans family has every right to be your family- that aspect doesn't have to change. Your brothers care deeply for you." More tears strolled down Sapphire's face. How you were created was I saw the future. Carter wants to bring chaos and madness. So I created you with magic. I am biologically your mother. But you do not have a father, I am sorry. To keep the pregnancy, the other Originals had lent me their strength. You were too powerful for me, I had almost lost you. With them lending me their strength, you were able to call upon them. But your abilities weren't given to you completely. You have your own potential. I just don't know what that is. For the Evan's parents, I called upon them to look after you. I didn't want to raise you in the immortal realm of Summoned Spirits. Technically you are one. But in order to come to the realm, you have to unlock your potential and pose as a sacrifice. That's what we did. But you have a long life yet. I know how you feel- you are lost. Everything is changing. Well here are some answers for you about yourself. As for Carter, his intentions are clear. He wanted to use your powers to gain control of Witches and Humans. He wanted to take down the Orders and inflict the world of the Dark Plague and wipe out as many as he could. For the survivors, he wants to control them with fear. Your mission is clear. Gain an army, and allies, and defeat him with multiple resources. You may be powerful, but you cannot do everything alone. Your pendant is based on blood, though. Technically your brothers will always be there for you." The Sorceress took a moment to survey Sapphire. "I must go." She returned to her Sorceress form and hugged Sapphire. "I am proud of you." She whispers in Sapphire's ear before vanishing.

Sapphire stood there for a moment as she wiped her tears with a cloth. She then turned and headed back. I have to tell them I love them!

***

Dean and Oliver stayed in the gardens. Oliver kept apologizing to Dean. Dean kept yelling at him to shut his mouth. Once they saw Sapphire walking back, they jumped up and rushed to her side. "Sapphire!" Dean called. "I am so sorry we told you." He embraced her in a hug. Sapphire lifted her arms to hug him back.

"I can't cry again." She says as she pushes him away. "Dean? Oliver?" Sapphire looks at them both. "No matter what, you will always be family. Today, I got some answers that changed a lot. But it doesn't change how I feel about you. We may not be blood. But we are family." She nods, mainly to herself. "But all of us together is what truly matters."

"I couldn't agree with you more," Oliver says.

***

Liam paced Sapphire's quarters until she slipped through the door. She studied Liam's face from worried to relieved. "Where have you been?"

"I am sorry, I shouldn't have run off. I had some upsetting news. But all is well now. What is the matter?"

"The King wants to throw you a ball. At this ball, he will ask you to marry him."