Chapter 24

Sapphire woke up and saw Grayson sleeping quite uncomfortably on the floor. She snuck by him, brushed her hair, went to the bathroom, and headed out the door. Sapphire wasn't sure where she would go but she knew she had to search. Search for what? She had no clue about that either. But she turned to her right there was a door right next to theirs. She opened it and there was a walkway with walls up to her waist. This pathway was outside and led to another part of the building. Penny approached Sapphire. "You aren't planning on jumping?" Sapphire realized she was looking to see how far up she was. Sapphire looked at Penny. Penny was wearing another white dress, knee-high this time, and quite plain. She wore black leggings and burgundy combat boots.

"Oh," Sapphire laughed. "No."

"Wanna come train?"

Sapphire felt hesitant but nodded and followed Penny. There were tall trees and the forest was smoky. A few people were fighting each other. And a few people observed. Penny leaned in as they approached. "Make sure to leave an impression. They are watching." She whispered then stood up straight. "So, you are an Archer."

Sapphire nodded.

"My element is Air," Penny said. "There, we each know a little bit of each other's abilities." Penny took a stance and formed a little ball of air in front of her.

I can't think. If she's strong enough, she can get in my mind. But she may not be focused on that... Sapphire's thoughts trailed. I am at a disadvantage. I cannot use my fire-infused magic. Otherwise, she will just blow it out. Sapphire closed her eyes and summoned invisible traps all around Penny and opened her eyes.

"Rule is, if one is knocked out or gives up. Then the fight is over. No body dies."

Sapphire nods and opens her eyes.

"Ready?"

"Yes," Sapphire says as she forms a bronze dagger in her right hand. Penny raises an eyebrow.

Penny steps forward and gets stuck. "Ach!" She yells and throws her wind orb to the ground, destroying the traps. Sapphire ducks down and slides past Penny, taking a slash at Penny's legs. Penny motioned her hand and forced a push on Sapphire, knocking her down. Sapphire regained her balance and threw the dagger, pinning Penny's foot to the ground. Penny reaches one hand to tug the dagger and with her other thrusts another air force at Sapphire as she starts running toward Penny. I can't get close. I can't summon fire. What do I do? Sapphire holds onto the ground as the force passes her. Sapphire stands up and summons a fire whip in her left hand. Sapphire charges at Penny, launching the whip. Penny shook her head, unleashing another force, distinguishing the flame. Sapphire turns her body, avoiding the force. She summons a bronze arrow in her hand and stops as she approaches for Penny's throat. Penny holds her hands up. "Well done, you acknowledged the limits of my push."

Sapphire's arms fell to her sides and her magical weapons disappeared. "I'm sorry," Sapphire says as she examines the cuts she forced onto Penny. Penny leaned in a little; "I went a little easy on you so they would approve." She whispered and stepped away, speaking a little louder. "A D-Tier winning a fight against an A-Tier." She played it as if she were disappointed. "Next time I won't let you get the best of me." She gave Sapphire a wink and turned away, walking towards some of the people watching. They talked for a moment, Penny nodded her head and walked away. One of the watchers came towards Sapphire, who was standing in the exact spot Penny left her. The tall figure was a man with black slicked-back hair, brown eyes, and a very muscular figure. He was fairly tall and had a lovely smile. Sapphire acknowledged he had a long chin with thin eyebrows. He was very beautiful. "Sage, you are quite something for a D-Tier." He said, eyeing her up and down. Which made Sapphire a little uncomfortable. She nodded and stared into his brown eyes. "My name is Chase. I am an Archer as well. I would love to train you. You see, high-end members of the Dark Guild take a new member under their wing to teach and accompany." Chase was wearing a black button-up top with no sleeves and black dressy pants.