Chapter 1

This moment. This air. This breath. This touch of something familiar, yet not something I have experienced. My lungs. My pulse. My heart is racing. My stomach has a pleasant feeling, yet makes me so nervous. The night. The stars. The dark sky lights up and glows on his face. His face. His perfect smile. His face is so smooth. His face... I cannot see completely. He whispers to close my eyes. In that moment he grazes my lips with his and I can feel his smile. He pulls away and I open my eyes...

***

Sapphire wakes up with a gasp of air. She looks out her bedroom window. It was just a dream. She thought, feeling her nerves being assured. The light glistens through the window. It is morning. The last morning I will see before everything I know changes. This is it. The day brought such pain in her heart. I cannot be stationed away from my brothers- what would they do without me? A knock on her bedroom door appeared and startled Sapphire for a moment, away from her thoughts. "Yes?" She called within a stretch. It was her brother appearing through the door; Dean. Then her other brother, Oliver, followed behind Dean into the room "Nervous?" Dean asks Sapphire. Dean has dirty blonde, wavy, medium hair. His eyes are a soft hazel color. His skin is a natural skin tone. Dean is in his own way; a smart "know it all" bookworm yet he likes to act tough. And all the ladies seem to love him. "What if she is an assassin like you?" Oliver asks as he smacks Dean's arm playfully. Oliver has dirty blonde straight hair that is short. Hazel eyes that are much alike Dean's, and a natural skin tone as well. The two together almost look like twins. But Dean is more fit, while Oliver is fairly skinny.

The three siblings are different from humans. They are "guardians'' of humankind. Not entirely immortal, but they age slower than humans do. Guardians have talents to go along with their protection to humankind. And their mere existence is hushed to humans. Humans have their suspicions about their kind in all honesty but no validation.

There are different types of Guardians. There are races of Witches with one element that they can control within limits. Then there are more advanced Guardian types such as: Assassin, Steward, Archer, and the really rare Sorceress. Sorceress is claimed to have multiple capabilities and no limits, unlike most of the Guardian classes. But this may be a rumor. The sorceress hasn't been claimed by a Rose since the original.

The Rose in which I referred to before- all Guardians have a Ceremony where they reach into the thorns to claim their Rose. Each Rose reveals the Guardian's class.

Assassin Class: abilities normally coincide with the element; Air. The abilities vary; All Assassins can form magic claws to infect an enemy with poison. All Assassin's steps can be silenced. Some Assassins are advanced and can turn invisible, traveling through the wind. Few Assassins can create these visions to inflict an enemy that fumes them with poison and affects their mind. More advanced Assassins can summon a magic-infused poison spear. Certain Assassins can also summon a magic-infused poison katana that unleashes wind blasts. Rare Assassins can summon a magic-infused poison scythe. On really rare occasions, Assassins can summon a magic-infused poison razor whip weapon. The razor whip weapon causes major bleeding wounds. Generally, Assassins are very close in combat, and when in battle they are able to move around at a fast pace.

Next, the Steward Class. Abilities normally coincide with Earth. Few Stewards can summon a small group of warriors to help in a fight. Most Stewards can also cast a large shield that normally is projected as a barrier to protect injured allies. In more advanced Stewards, the barrier can be a buff to allies in it, but this is a harder tactic to learn. Sometimes the barrier can be applied directly instead of a surrounding. Most Stewards can summon vines around their enemies to help crippling and slowing down. All the Stewards plant and grow herbs within seconds, they can heal and buff allies with these herbs. Stewards are very defensive when it comes to allies, and they can be really good in close combat. They aren't only known for being very defensive, but they are also very skillful in knowledge.