Act 11 (Ty)

Our date went well until it did not. I wore my best jacket and my newly bought shoes. Tristan did not put as much effort in. Sure, his rose lips were even more glossy than usual but aside from that he even wore the same silver rings as he always did. I expected him to have a few things for special occasions. I mean, I knew for sure that he did have four special rings that he never wore. Tristan did not like those rings for some reason. They were quite beautiful but he did not even want anyone to know about them. They were well hidden underneath his bed in a small box. I accidentally found them one day. Tristan got insanely mad at me and told me to never touch or search for them ever again.

The thing is, I kind of actually hoped that Tristan would wear them. I thought they could bring us good luck. Perhaps I was a little too right. The date turned out to be an absolute catastrophe. When we met up with Alexy, Luna and Sarah, Tristan suddenly pulled me to the side.

"You didn't tell me that Luna was bringing someone along."

"Chill, it's just the freak."

"And you think that makes it any better?!"

"I know, I don't want her here either. Listen, I got this. I talked to Eric. Nikola is coming-" I did not get to finishing my sentence because now Tristan was hyperventilating.

"Nikola?! Great! Just great! Anyone else you left out?! Perhaps Louis and Aisha?!"

Tristan was at a point, where he was seriously considering to leave. I had to argue with him for a while, until he gave up. His blood was boiling and his mood could not be any worse. He decided to focus on his phone instead of even greeting anyone. His fingers moved around with lightning speed. I noticed how he sometimes played around with the cross pendant of his necklace. Subtle and yet noticeable.

I figured the entire thing would break apart, once Nikola would be here but actually that never happened. Instead of Nikola, a guy with dark black hair and a pair of round glasses suddenly appeared. It was Christian.

What was going on? Literally, what was this? I pressured Christian to tell me why he came but he just plainly ignored me. Instead his eyes were focused on the freak. They followed every step she took and every simple motion she made. Christian's eyes were drawn to the golden star pendants of her earrings. Never before had I seen him as calm and collected in company of a girl. Well I guess it was because he was not actually calm. Christian's entire body was trembling. Why did he even have to be scared of the freak?

"Didn't you say Nikola was going to come?" Alexy whispered into my ear. I had not noticed her. She suddenly appeared next to me. Her dark skin was as precious as always. If you looked closely, you noticed the fair glance it gave off that perfectly mixed with her cherry lips.

"That was the plan at least."

I poked Christian's right arm in hopes of him coming back to reality but it did not do anything. At some point I had enough and actually slapped the back of his head.

"What was that for?" He asked annoyed.

"You're daydreaming. I asked you where Nikola is."

"Nikola? How should I know? Why are all the others here anyways. Eric told me that it was going to be just the three of us."

Eric messed up. I did not know why he lied to Christian but it was not as if it really mattered. I needed to find out what we were going to do now. There was no way I could leave Christian with the freak but did I really have a choice? Now that Christian was here, I could not just send him away again.

"Shouldn't we go in now? I mean, everyone is here." Luna suddenly interrupted my thoughts. She forced herself between Alexy and me, despite everyone watching us. She went even further by pulling me along inside the restaurant. Alexy did not seem to enjoy this scenery and neither did I.

We were rather early but the table had already been set for us. Everyone was kind of uncomfortable. Both Alexy and Luna set next to me, while Christian had the honour to sit between the freak and Tristan. Three of the most unsocial students in our school were literally forced to sit next to each other. This entire moment just felt like a fever dream. I gently pinched myself a couple of times but apparently I was pretty much awake.

We ordered a glass of water for everyone. I hoped that Alexy could be the one to break the ice between us but she failed miserably. She either got meaningless, short answers or no answer at all, especially from Christian. (What a surprise.) Worst of all, the freak decided to be an asshole. She put on the fakest smile in front of Alexy. After she told Alexy to go to hell, my opinion of her got even worse than it had already been. And she really wondered why nobody liked her.

Nevertheless, the worst thing was that Luna would not let go of me. She took every chance to touch me. Alexy got even more annoyed than me. She almost started shouting at Luna but then she remembered that we were still at a restaurant. Everyone was looking at us.

The freak tried to start a conversation as well but nobody listened to a word she said. She did not act up. She stayed quiet and tried to mix in with the shadows. Better this way. Nobody wanted to hear her talk anyways. I simply rolled my eyes every time she said anything.

Our food came a little later. The waitress asked Christian a few time if he really did not want to eat anything but Christian just nervously shook his head. Not just did he have to talk to a woman, he even sat next to one. I noticed how he plainly moved away from Sarah. For a moment I was scared of him falling down from the chair.

It was awkward to say the least. Sure, Luna was constantly talking to me but the others all stayed quiet. This was not much of a date at all. I really wanted to be alone with Alexy but Luna was literally following me everywhere. She made sure I could not talk to Alexy. If only the freak would have helped me out a little more but no. I did not know what she was doing on her phone but it was obviously getting on my nerves. She could not even be useful for once.