The Wanted Souls

Yay!! Natsu and Lucy are finally together as a couple! But hey, I wrote it, why am I cheering? Anyway, I think that I should have them be like this for the rest of the book. I need to ask you guys something. Does it feel like I am doing too many "Natsu" and "Lucy" POV's? Like I should spread my horizon and do other POV's?

I dedicate this chapter to DKKelly!

Writing is life!
******************************

The first thing Natsu heard was the birds, their angelic songs from the hight tree tops. Then the wind, flowing swiftly through the leaves as it soared by. Next he could feel the soft sway of that breeze as it flew in his hair and fluttered his ratted clothes. A weight pressed down in his legs, not a heavy uncomfortable weight. But a beautiful smooth weight, with gold hair that still hadn't grown out from its slice. Along with this weight there was a fluffy lump resting upon Natsu's leg. Blue and snoring slightly, taking as much rest as it could. Both asleep Natsu gazed at them, taking in the wonderful scenery.

Natsu almost fell asleep again when there was a sudden explosion, one identical to the ones they heard at the guild before it was attacked! The ground shook and birds flew from their innocent perches in the canopy. He was instantly wide awake, and jumped up from his spot against the tree.

"Natsu, what going on?" His movement woke up Happy.

"They are here." Natsu stood tall sniffing the sky, trying to spot any traces of them and he did. He bent down next the sleeping Lucy and shook her hard, desperately attempting to wake her. Shocked and startled she opened her eyes.

"N-Natsu, what are you doing?!" She yelled.

"We have to go, now!" He didn't bother explaining and grabbed her hand and dragged her away. It was just then, when another explosion bombed, even closer than the last.

"They're after us?!" Lucy gasped as she ran behind Natsu.

"They attacked the guild, I assume they want us dead." Happy pointed out.

Another explosion, this time gravel spewed from the ground, flying in all directions. Lucy screamed as it was too close for comfort. They ran and ran, as fast and as hard as they could. But it seemed no use, Natsu could hear metal gears turning and the sparks before the explosions even happened. They were close behind them, almost close enough to see.

"We cant run forever!" Lucy panted, obviously she was tired. Even Natsu's energy hadn't quite restored from the Test. But she was right, they couldn't keep this up for long. But they had no where to go!

"Natsu, Lucy over here!" Happy called from behind.

They stopped running and turned back to see Happy floating in front of a tree, he was pointing downwards to the roots. There was a small whole, hidden between the thickets of the roots.

"Nice!" Lucy complemented.

"Come on, they are close!" Natsu pushed them into the closing.

It was a tight fit, they had to squash themselves in careful not to be seen. Natsu was pushed to the back, with Lucy close to his thumping chest and Happy in her lap. They sat there for what seemed an eternity. The explosions sounding softer, but then the tanks came up behind them. Slowly with their rattling and clanking. The stomping of boots and ruffled voices.

Natsu held tightly onto Lucy, quivering as she gripped Happy. Each of them saying their own silent prayers, so that they wouldn't be found. Even their breath sounded loud enough to be heard, but they sat there in terrifying silence. No one moved until the sounds of metal and thumping had completely vanished. Even then, the shock still had hold of them.

"What do we do now?" Lucy asked.

"We cant stay here."

"But where can we go?"

"I dont know." Natsu answered solemnly.

"I can fly and try to see if there is anything near by." Happy offered.

"Good idea."

"Be careful!" Lucy warned him.

"No problem." And with a flap of his wings, we was gone. Leaving Natsu and Lucy by themselves in the small whole in the ground.

For the longest time, they were quiet. Only concentrating on breathing and letting their minds wander. But Lucy broke the quietness.

"Why is this happening?" Her face sad and looking only at the ground.

Natsu didn't really know how to answer, but he had to say something.
"Well, we are disobeying the council and they dont like that."

"No, I mean why?! Why do t they like it? Why can we have normal lives? Why do we have to fight? Why are they doing this?!"

"There isnt an answer, only the minds of men that make stupid decisions. Decisions that can ruin lives or save them, but in this case they are choosing themselves in place of their country. So, no. It isnt fair, but we are doing whats right. We have to step in and take care of the country that the council wont. We are the good guys." Natsu hugged Lucy's stomach.

Lucy turned and looked at him, her brown eyes starring into his. She was smiling, this feature of her Natsu will never forget and will always love.

"Thanks, Natsu." She leaned forward and kissed him. This simple gesture always made his stomach turn and his face hot, no matter how many times they did it.

"Eww gross!"

Both Natsu and Lucy spun around to see Happy in the mouth of their hiding spot covering his eyes as if he saw something scaring. They laughed at his childish behavior as he walking into the whole.

"Find anything?" Lucy asked.

"Yeah, there is a small town not far from here." Happy pointed.

"Then lets get going."

They exited their residence and stretched from the lack of space they had before.

"Lead the way." Natsu smiled at Happy.

Happy gladly took his role as captain and flew ahead. It wasn't a long walk through the forest before they reached the town. Not many places are left like this one, it had buildings and functional shops. Like the market stores were all streets venders. At least this place still had businesses, most places were fending for themselves.

People walked the dirt roads, minding their own time. It was build in the ruins of a past city, so half of every building was stone and the rest make-shift logs. Unfortunately they stuck out like a fly in milk, Natsu and Lucy were wearing tattered, ripped rags. Their faces covered in dirt, shoes worn and hair a mess. Not to mention the flying cat. While everyone else was wearing something fresh, not anything special, but clean.

"We need new clothes." Natsu pointed out as everyone starred at them.

"But we dont have any money." Lucy whispered back.

Natsu sighed, disappointed.
"Lets just find a lake to wash off in."

Both in agreement, they walked in search of any source of water.