Battle of Challenges

In this chapter I just wanted to thank everyone for reading this, or any of my other books! Everyone has been so great to follow me and support me all the way, so thanks!

I dedicate this chapter to all my followers!

Thank you again for reading this!
*********************************

Being unexpectedly thrown in the middle of a "civilized" conversation was not what Lucy was expecting. Stumbling to her feet, she observed Natsu arguing with the other blonde boy. Then suddenly they burst into a fit of attacks, one after another. There was something strange about the blondes moves, the way he jumped and crouched, it was all...similar. Then she realized Natsu was positioned the exact same way, they were like a mirrored image of the other, hopping and leaping at the same time like a choreographed dance. The boy used the same type of magic as Natsu did, only his was purple and smooth, while Natsu's was gold and fast.

"I dont believe it." Lucy whipped her head around to see Rachel, sitting limply also watching the dance.

"Your friend, what kind of mage is he?!" Lucy demanded.

"Jonah? He is a ethereal dragon slayer." She answered.

"Dragon slayer..."

"Yes, he is very strong. I have faith in him." Rachel smiled with hope.

"What about my partner?! I have faith in Natsu too! He is also a dragon slayer and he will kick butt over yours!"

"What are you saying? Jonah will most definitely win!"

The two girls started a quarrel they didn't even know they started. Fighting over a simple matter of who win, like men a horse race, trying to place their bets on the best steed.

"Well, let us test that theory. Since we have to fight any way lets make it a contest!" Lucy declared.

Rachel looked confused, must still determined to win.

"When we battle, the winners dragon slayer will win."

"How does that even work? Out fight wont determine the winner for them!"

"But for us it will, who ever wins will have to admit that their dragon slayer will lose."

"I guess that makes more sense." Rachel smirked, ready for this to start.

"Then Rachel, Celestial Spirit Mage, I challenge you to a battle!"

"Then I Rachel, challenge you Lucy, Celestial Spirit Mage to a fight!"

Both mages jumped away from each other and drew their keys,
"I summon thee, gate of the bull, Taurus!"

"I summon thee, gate of the rodent, Mystique!"

Lucy's Taurus appeared in front of her, holding his axe high. The spirit Rachel had summoned was a little boy with blonde hair, he wore old-style clothing and had little mouse ears popping from his head.

"Taurus move in!" Lucy pointed.

"Anything for your lovely body, Lucy!" He proclaimed then ran off and confronted the mouse boy.

Taurus thrust his axe, but the boy was fast, very fast. Lucy recognized this speed from the last battle, so this boy's ability was speed. Lucy though she got away from this in the last fight! Taurus, being large and clumsy was having a hard time keeping up.

"Taurus, come back!" She forced his gate closed, then drew another key. "I summon thee, gate of the maiden, Virgo!"

A main with short pink hair and shackles around her wrists came from the golden glow.

"Punishment hime?" She asked.

"That wont be necessary, please ground that mouse."

Turning with an expression of calmness, a giant whole appeared from bellow the mouse boy and he fell through.

"Alright!" She cheered, thanking Virgo.

But it was too soon for thanks, the mouse ran up the side of the whole with ease.

"Darn, Virgo!" She screamed, as virgo charged at the mouse boy. Throwing shiriken and small knives, which he dodged with ease.

Virgo dug more wholes, but these were different from the first, long and narrow. Giving hardly any room to escape. After they chased each other, dodging, knives and claws they boy finally fell into one of the wholes. Virgo closed up the whole, sending him back to the spirit wold.

"Darn, well I am a spirit down. I will defiantly still win!" Rachel stated with confidence.

"We'll see about that." Lucy smiled, hope that even if she didn't win, Natsu would.