Chapter Five

Whispers & Notes
Fiona

There's an uncomfortable amount of whispering when Yasmine and I enter school the very next day.

"Told you" Yas says as we walk alongside each other to Ethan and Dylan, "that jacket starts shit- " she pauses, "or at least the owner does".

I roll my eyes- annoyed at her being right just as we reach Ethan and a smile spreads across her face. "Hey babe" she begins- wrapping her arms around his neck and getting on her tip toes before her and Ethan are indulging in this disgustingly sweet make out session in the middle of the hallway.

Between drowning out the whispers and not so secret glances thrown in my direction by my fellow peers, and then the puke inducing kissing of my cousin and her boyfriend, I wrinkle my nose while trying to keep my head down.

Dyl notices- not just the whispers but my discomfort and takes me under his arm, "so hun" he begins- guiding me down the hall in the direction of my locker, "when are you going to return miss player here's jacket?"

"Ugh, may we talk about anything but the jacket?" I groan, stopping with a begging pout.

The jacket smells nice- and yes, it's comfortable- the only downside however? The reputation it comes with. And it doesn't help that it's rumored Tammy has a new hook up.

"Fine" he smirks.

"Fine" I smile.

"Okay, Mr. Ansley may be having a pop quiz" the boy asks- my brows cock up as I approach my locker.

"How do you know?" I question.

"I just do" he smiles, then he looks around- like it's the biggest secret in the world and whispers, "there's signs".

"Oh yeah?" I smile playfully.

"Duh" he rolls his eyes playfully- like it's something I should know.

"Then please" I begin, "let me in on these signs".

"I would" he smirks, "but you have to promise to tell noooo one".

"Sir yes sir!" I say with a stiff salute.

"Okay" he chuckles, "first," he starts- stretching it all out like it's the most secretive- FBI signaling thing in the world.

"He gets all fun- ya know- looser and shit- to where you can suddenly use your notes in class and shit-" I nod along- amused in the best way possible, "second, he starts going over basic notes that are earlier in the lesson- and last, he's too happy to help- it's like a prepping kind of bullshit".

"Ah" I say, "that makes sense".

And it kind of does. Mr. Ansley's been doing this a lot recently so who knows- maybe my class will have a pop quiz.

"Hey guys" Yasmine appears beside us, she's holding Ethan's hand and be's smiling like a fool- like he always does whenever they make out and get a little too close in the most disgusting way.

She leans against the locker next to mine and folds her arms over her chest, her face is all red- a sign the two have been doing something they probably don't need to be doing (as adult would say).