Chapter 16

Haven't updated in forever 😁
So here's a double update

"I love-" I begin, smiling, and leaning on the railing of the bridge.

Harry smiles back, before I see a familiar face behind him. Chad?

"Um, I love-" I say, not taking my eyes off Chad.

Chad walks up to me and slaps me so hard that I fall off the bridge and into the water.

Again? He slapped me again?

Realization hits me and I begin to scream frantically and helplessly.

I'm going to die!

"I'm gonna die!" I screech.

"Help me! Someone! Harry!" I shout flailing my arms in the wind.

I feel a churning and jumpy feeling in my stomach as I begin plummeting downwards.

I take one last look at Harry and Chad before I'm encased in the deep blue water.

I swim upwards gasping for air, and I glance at Harry and Chad who are smiling at one another and talking.

Harry planned this with Chad! I was just about to confess my love for him, too.

I feel the rough winds and cold waves pull me under again. I try my best to stay above the surface, but the water is stronger than me.

I try to gasp for more air but it's too late.

Everything goes black and it feels like I'm falling.

Am I dead?

"Where am I?" I try to say, but the words don't come out.

I look to my feet, and my body begins to fade away until I'm left with nothing.

Am I dead?

"Mackenzie!" I hear Harry yell.

I can't be dead.

I'm dreaming.

Just open your eyes.

Open your goddamn eyes.

-

I immediately shoot up with loud panted breaths. My breath is heavy as I open my eyes to see a scared Harry standing near my bed.

I attempt to control my breath as I check the time on my alarm clock.

4:08 am.

"That was the worst dream I've ever had." I pant, rubbing my temples.

"What happened? You were screaming 'I'm gonna die' and just plain screeching," he says, as his face fills with concern.

"You and Chad planned my death, and I died." I mumble, covering my face with my hands.

"Stop, I'd never do that," he says tearing my hands from my face. "look at what I did to that jerk, I did that for you. I wouldn't be teaming up with him, especially not against you."

I blush at his words and then my mind goes back into the list of problems that could happen.

In the beginning I was telling him that I love him, do I? I haven't realized it if I am, I'm pretty sure I'm not in love with him. It's way too early.

Was this a sign that I shouldn't be with Harry? Was it a sign that Chad would be a murderer? Was it a sign that I'd die on a bridge?

I'm such a pessimist. It was just a bad dream. Nothing else.