Chapter 51

(Mackenzie's POV)

Earlier yesterday Quinn brought some makeup and clothes for me to wear to school the next day. I got dressed up and stepped outside the guest room, only to see Alex cooking.

"Alex?" I ask, stepping closer to the kitchen area.

"Hey, I'm making you some breakfast." He said turning around momentarily.

"You don't have to.." I trailed off.

"It's fine, I make breakfast every morning." He shrugged, turning back over towards the oven.

"Well, what are you making?"

"Pancakes and hash browns."

Yum. It smelled delicious.

"And... Done." He announced turning off the heat and placing a pancake on a plate along with the others. He placed the cooked hash browns on a plate and turned around to me.

"Serve yourself." He smiled.

He was a dream come true.

I walked up to the counter smelling the fresh cooked food and almost fainted.

"Here's a plate," He said, handing me one. "The utensils are at the table."

I nodded, grabbing two pancakes and some hash browns. Drizzling maple syrup and butter over the top.

I sat at the table and began digging in to the pancakes, they were fucking perfect. Alex joined me soon after.

"Milk, orange juice, or water."

"Water please." I smiled.

He placed a bottled water down by my plate and sat himself down in a chair in front of me, with his share of pancakes and potatoes.

"This is so good, oh my god." I mumbled in between chews.

"I know, I'm good like that." He winked before taking an enormous bite himself.

-

Alex and I were now in the car on the way to class. There was minor traffic but what can you expect. It's LA.

Finally the light turned green and we were off to campus.

We quickly got there and parked in front of the building.

We parked directly next to a very suspiciously familiar looking car and I cursed to myself as I saw who's it was.

Who's car you ask? Harry's, obviously. Could my life get anymore predictable?

My eyes frantically search for the car's owner and I spot his curls and tall body about five feet in front of the car.

He was walking towards the school, his back toward me.

"What are you waiting for?" I heard Alex say in confusion as I stared off in silence.

"Oh sorry." I said, snapping out of my trance.

I swallowed my pride and opened the door of the car, stepping outside. I slowly began walking towards the steps to get inside the school.

I heard Alex roll his window down. "Have a good day, Mackenzie! I can pick you up." He yelled in an unnecessarily loud tone.