Chapter 42

Warning:

This chapter fucking sucks

-Harry's POV-

Mackenzie and I had just got back to the dorm, and she was in the bathroom. I was just sitting out waiting for her, we were going to eat once she was done.

I was going to take her to TGI Fridays. It reminded me so much of our first kiss there. We barely knew each other and we made out that day.

Point Harry.

Thank god I was a horny asshole that day and followed her to the bathroom. If I didn't I don't know what would've came of us.

Our relationship was so ridiculously fast. I saw her half naked the third day I knew her.. Wow.

We never did anything until we knew we both had feelings for each other, though. And I'm glad we waited some sort of amount of time.

I hear her phone buzz and I look over at it.

Mom: Mackenzie, I'm sorry about that dinner. I was dramatic and overwhelmed. I'm sorry I left you with Chad :(

I'm sorry I left you with Chad.

Left you with Chad.

Chad.

The words circle over and over in my head.

Chad. Mackenzie was with Chad at that dinner.

And she didn't tell me?

She didn't fucking tell me?

I was livid. He could've put his hands on her. Whether it was in a sexual way or a violent way, no matter what it would piss me off. Even if his hand brushed her shoulder. She's fucking mine.

She didn't tell me.

That had to mean something. She didn't tell me and there had to be some sort of reason behind it. Mackenzie always tells the truth easily. Why couldn't she have told me now?

And she hates Chad. How could she stand to see him? She shudders at the mention of his name and his constant nightmares about him.. It doesn't add up. Why would she be remotely okay with seeing him if she absolutely hated him? And why didn't she tell me?

I hear the lock of the bathroom door click and I cross my arms.

She walks out obviously oblivious to the situation as she opens her dresser looking for socks, or something.

"So.." I clear my throat as she searches through her drawer for something.

"Yeah?"

"Chad.. Did you see Chad when you had dinner with your mom?"

She turns around and gives me a confused expression before turning back to her drawers.

"What makes you think that?"

"Your mom texted you, apologizing about how she 'left you with Chad'."

"Oh um.. I-" She begins and I sigh.

She turns around with socks now on her feet and sits on the edge of my bed.

"We saw Chad and my mom invited him over to sit with us. I didn't want to be there at all and then my mom and I got in an argument because I was rude to Chad so she left and..... Chad stayed sitting with me for like two minutes."

"Is that all?" I raise my brow. "The complete honest truth?"

"Chad stayed sitting with me for thirty minutes not two.. And he tried to get back together with me but I didn't let him." she winces as she says the words.