Chapter 58

Monday morning in my literacy class, I saw three more texts from Chad.

Chad: please, I would love to meet up with you

Chad: Mackenzie?

Chad: ??

I rolled my eyes as I read over the messages and dismissed them. I didn't care enough to reply. I didn't have any interest whatsoever in meeting back up with him.

"Phones away please." I heard my professor call out.

I mouthed a sorry to him and placed my phone down.

"Alright, take out your computers and visit the site we were talking about yesterday."

I bended over in my seat, reaching for my MacBook and pulling it out. As I signed in, I received one more text message, this time from Harry. I grabbed my phone hiding it behind my laptop screen.

Harry: wanna grab chipotle after class

I looked over at Harry, he was across the classroom secretively hiding his phone in his lap.

Me: duhhh

I glanced at Harry and saw a smile spread across his face.

Harry: great!! can't wait

Me: ik I'm sick of this class

Harry: samee

I smiled to myself before setting my phone down, just to have it buzz again.

Harry: let's ditch

Me: no way

Harry: cmon it'll be just like old times we can go to the auditorium just like old times

Harry: ;)

Me: uhhhh no

Harry: 🙄

Me: 😩

Harry: fine be boring.

Me: fine I will

I rolled my eyes and set my phone down a second time, just to hear it vibrate with another notification.

Harry: cmon, take a riskk, have some fun. class is over in 45, you really wanna wait that long?

Me: yes

Harry: 💔😭

Harry and I looked up at each other and shared a laugh from across the room, getting our teacher's attention.

"What did I say about phones? Mackenzie, Harry, would you like to share your text messages with the class?"

Everyone looked over at us, Harry and I both with bright red faces.

"Sorry" Harry uttered.

"Hm." He huffed, pacing back over to the white board.

As soon as he turned back around Harry was back on his phone texting me.

Harry: I'm going to the "bathroom" feel free to meet me in the auditorium

Harry stood up and left with his things, and off to the "bathroom" he went. I was debating on whether I wanted to skip or not, I didn't want to be caught, especially by this uptight teacher.