Chapter 60

"Harry?" I asked over the phone.

"What is it, its literally one am?" He groaned, over the phone, obviously just woken up by me.

"Can you please come pick me up at the frat house down the street from Liam's, I'm so drunk and high right now, please just come Harry. I'm sorry," I said, jumbling my words.

"Why are you at a party?!" He complained.

"It's a long story." I slurred my words.

"Be there in ten." He sighed.

"Thank you." 

I walked out of the room, bumping into Quinn.

"Mackenzie!" She shouted.

"What?" I groaned, my head pounding.

"Did you and Brian have sex? Your face doesn't have much color," She examined my face, eyeing me for any differences in my appearance.

"Why would you say that? Did he say we did?" I questioned.

"No, but I saw you walk in there together. Did you have sex?" She asked, almost excitedly.

"No way. We literally just talked." 

Her face dropped. 

"Oh." She said silently.

"What? Why do you sound upset?" 

"I just want you to get over Harry, you deserve it. You deserve fun."

"I don't need to fuck a hundred guys and drink a thousand shots to get over somebody." I raised my voice, getting defensive. 

I saw a crowd start to form around us. Quinn looked around uneasily. "Mackenzie, you're drunk don't make a scene."

"Quinn, you have changed so much since I met you. You used to be fun and adventurous and now I can't go anywhere without you pushing me to drink or hookup. You're borderline addicted to getting wasted!"

"Mackenzie, you're overreacting this isn't a big deal. You're drunk," She repeated. 

"Why can't I just be happy with Harry? I always need to 'forget him' or 'get wasted to get my mind off it'. Why can't you accept that I'm in love with him?" I shouted over the music, more and more people looking at me.

"Dude, he's not right for you! Can't you tell? You've been on and off for months, I'm worried about you, I want you to forget about him because I'm fucking concerned." 

"You have no say in who I'm in love with, what makes you think drinks can change that? I don't push you away from Cristiano do I? I don't because I don't control your life. Worry about me all you want but you can't control me Quinn!"

"Are you insane? He's using you Mackenzie! Have you ever wondered why you two are broken up half the time, yet you still hook up!"

"Oh, fuck off Quinn!" I yelled, turning to the staircase on my right, pushing through crowds of people who were watching us fight moments ago. 

I ran down the stairs hurriedly. Harry was probably outside right now waiting for me. I slammed the door behind me, and sighed in relief as I saw Harry parked outside. 

I hopped in the car and I noticed Quinn running after me, opening the front door of the house and trying to run towards the car.

"What is she doing-" Harry began, a tired and confused expression on his face.

"Step on it." I demanded.

"Why were you here, anyway?" He asked, as we drove past the house quickly.