chapter 6 victim gets baked

Marceline refused to let fear control her life. She knew she had to be proactive if she wanted to put an end to the constant threat looming over her. With the police's help, she devised a plan to lure the killer out into the open.

She decided to host a charity bake sale in the town square, using herself as bait. The police would be stationed nearby, ready to apprehend the killer when he made his move.

As Marceline set up her stall, she felt a sense of empowerment. She was taking control of her life, refusing to be a victim any longer. People gathered around, drawn in by the delicious smells wafting from her baked goods.

Hours passed, and Marceline began to relax, enjoying the sense of normalcy. But then, as the sun began to set, she felt it. The same feeling of being watched, of being hunted.

She glanced around, her heart pounding in her chest. And then, she saw him. The killer, standing at the edge of the square, watching her with a cold, calculating gaze.

Marceline didn't panic. She knew the police were nearby, ready to intervene. She continued to serve customers, all the while keeping a close eye on the killer's movements.

As the evening wore on, the killer grew bolder, edging closer to Marceline's stall. And then, in a sudden burst of movement, he lunged towards her, a knife glinting in his hand.

But Marceline was ready. She had anticipated his move. She ducked out of the way, and the police were upon him in an instant, tackling him to the ground and disarming him.

As the killer was led away in handcuffs, Marceline felt a sense of relief wash over her. She had faced her fear head-on and had emerged victorious. She knew that the road ahead would still be difficult, that the scars of her past would never fully heal. But she also knew that she was stronger than she had ever been, and that she would never again be a victim.