Chapter 38 brother gets slashed

Marceline's life had been a series of tragedies, each one shaping her into the strong, resilient woman she had become. But just when she thought she had put the past behind her, a new threat emerged.

One night, as Marceline was returning home from work, she received a frantic call from her brother, Michael. He had been attacked by an unknown assailant and was badly injured.

Marceline rushed to the hospital, her heart pounding with fear. When she arrived, she found Michael lying in a hospital bed, his face pale and his body covered in cuts and bruises.

"What happened?" Marceline asked, her voice trembling.

Michael recounted the attack, describing how he had been walking home when he was ambushed by a masked figure. The attacker had slashed at him with a knife, leaving him bleeding and broken.

As Marceline listened to her brother's story, a cold rage filled her. She knew that whoever had done this would pay dearly.

She began to investigate, using her skills as a detective to track down the attacker. With each clue she uncovered, her determination grew. She would not rest until she had brought this monster to justice.

Finally, after days of relentless pursuit, Marceline found the attacker. He was a hired thug, working for the same criminal organization that had terrorized her in the past.

With a fierce determination, Marceline confronted the thug, demanding answers. When he refused to talk, she didn't hesitate. She delivered a swift, decisive blow, incapacitating him and ensuring that he would never harm anyone again.

As Marceline stood over the unconscious thug, she knew that her journey was far from over. But she also knew that she would never give up. She would always fight for justice, no matter the cost.