chapter 17 death by the bottle

Marceline and Carlos had been through more than most couples, but their bond had only grown stronger with each trial they faced. They had found peace and happiness together, and they were determined to make the most of their second chance at life.

But fate had one more cruel twist in store for them. One evening, as Marceline and Carlos were celebrating their anniversary at a local restaurant, tragedy struck. A drunk driver, speeding down the street, lost control of his car and crashed into the restaurant.

Marceline and Carlos had no time to react. The car plowed into their table, pinning them both beneath it. Marceline felt a searing pain in her leg, and she knew that it was broken. Carlos was unconscious, his head bleeding from a deep gash.

As Marceline struggled to free herself, she heard the sound of sirens approaching. The emergency services arrived quickly and worked to free Marceline and Carlos from the wreckage.

They were rushed to the hospital, where Marceline underwent emergency surgery to repair her broken leg. Carlos was in a coma, his condition critical.

Days passed, and Marceline sat by Carlos's bedside, praying for his recovery. She knew that the road ahead would be difficult, that the scars of this accident would be deeper than any she had faced before.

But Marceline was not alone. She had Carlos by her side, and she knew that together, they could overcome anything. And as she looked into his pale face, she knew that their love was stronger than death itself.