chapter 43 killer almost found

Marceline's heart raced as she searched the cabin, every creak of the floorboards echoing through the silence. She knew that Sebastian could be lurking anywhere, waiting to strike.

As she moved through the rooms, checking behind every door and in every shadow, Marceline felt a sense of unease settle over her. Sebastian was close, she could feel it, but he remained just out of reach.

Suddenly, she heard a noise coming from the basement. Marceline descended the stairs, her senses on high alert. She reached the bottom and saw a door at the far end of the room, slightly ajar.

With caution, Marceline approached the door, her hand trembling as she pushed it open. What she saw inside took her breath away.

Sebastian stood before her, his eyes filled with malice. He held a knife in his hand, poised to strike. But before he could make a move, Marceline lunged at him, knocking the knife from his grasp.

A fierce struggle ensued, the two of them locked in a desperate battle for survival. Marceline fought with everything she had, determined to bring Sebastian to justice once and for all.

But just as she was about to overpower him, Sebastian managed to break free. He fled into the darkness, leaving Marceline alone in the basement.

Marceline knew that Sebastian had slipped through her fingers once again, but she also knew that she was closer than ever to bringing him to justice. She vowed to never give up, to never stop until Sebastian was behind bars for good.