Chapter 13 killer gets a hand

Marceline had witnessed her fair share of violence and tragedy, but nothing could prepare her for what happened next. The news spread like wildfire through the town - the killer, the man responsible for so much death and suffering, had escaped from prison.

Marceline's heart raced as she listened to the reports. The killer was on the loose, and she knew that she was his ultimate target. She couldn't shake the feeling of dread that settled over her like a dark cloud.

Days passed, and there was no sign of the killer. Marceline tried to go about her life as normal, but she couldn't escape the feeling of being watched, of being hunted.

One night, as she was walking home from work, she felt it - the same feeling of being followed, of being stalked. She quickened her pace, her heart pounding in her chest. She knew that the killer was closing in.

As she reached her apartment building, she heard a noise behind her. She turned around and saw him - the killer, standing there, a sinister smile on his face.

Marceline tried to run, but the killer was too fast. He grabbed her, his grip like a vice. Marceline struggled, but it was no use. The killer was too strong.

And then, in a moment of desperation, Marceline did something she never thought she was capable of. She reached into her pocket and pulled out a knife, plunging it into the killer's hand.

The killer screamed in pain and released Marceline, clutching his injured hand. Marceline didn't wait to see what would happen next. She ran into her apartment building, locking the door behind her.

As she caught her breath, Marceline knew that the killer would not give up so easily. She had bought herself some time, but she also knew that the danger was far from over. She would have to be vigilant, to always watch her back.

But Marceline was no longer afraid. She had faced the killer head-on and had emerged victorious. She knew that she was strong enough to survive whatever came her way. And as she sat in her apartment, listening to the sounds of the night, she knew that she would never again be a victim.