42. EPILOGUE

5 Years Later.....

Nevaeh Jones Atlanta, Georgia

Nevaeh Jones
Atlanta, Georgia

                The sound of the bell sounded off as I cleaned the rest of the tables in the back of the restaurant. It was near closing, and I was tired with class being in the morning.

"I'm sorry, is this table taken?" A small voice said behind me.

I turned around about to speak until I saw who it was.

"Jordan?"

He reached out his arms and I fell into them, hugging him as tightly as I could.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him with a chuckle. "You stalking me now?"

He rolled his eyes playfully. "Nah I wanted to come surprise you. I stopped by your apartment and you weren't there, so I came here."

"I'm about to get off in a second. I just have to finish cleaning."

He sat in the booth patiently waiting. "You still haven't figured out what you want to do? You've graduated. You can't keep working here."

I shrugged. "I don't have many aspirations yet. I don't know if I want to go to college or not."

He nodded slowly. "Well you know you have to figure something out. You don't have long."

He pointed to my stomach which made me begin rubbing it softly.

"I know."

"A little less than three months might I add."

"I know."

I finished cleaning the area and went to the back to clock out. My back was hurting and I couldn't wait to get home.

Jordan walked me out to the car and I got in. He kissed my lips, leaving a small smile on my face.

"Call me when you make it. I'm headed home."

"I will."

After he shut my door, I pulled away into the night. Once I made it home, I showered and laid down.

My phone dinged with a text, throwing me off from watching my favorite show. I looked down at it.

Favorite Twin Ni 🤍: Dad's
funeral is tomorrow. You going?

I was thinking about it.
If I do, that means I would
have to leave here at midnight.

Favorite Twin Ni 🤍:
I don't want to go.

I laughed to myself.

Me either. I don't
want to see his wife
and kids.