24. A Fam(ily)

Okay so first off I apologize for the super late update. I'm a senior in college and I'm in school for summer so whenever I do get a chance to update this book, I hop on it. Thank you sooooooo much for the love and support! I love it when you guys comment your feelings. It makes me so happy. 🥰

Also, My mother Onika is dropping Megatron this Friday & she will also be doing a Queen Radio episode so be prepared for that because it's gonna be awesome! 😛🔥☺️

Now on with the storyyyyy! 😘😘😘

Nilan Jones
Miami, Florida

I sat on the side of the bed coloring in a Bratz coloring book while Nevaeh played a game quietly on her iPad. Mom and Dad were somewhere in the hotel, possibly downstairs with their friends.

"You know you haven't said not one word since we got here. What's wrong with you?" Nevaeh asked me looking up from her iPad briefly.

I fished her a little confusing look. "I'm straight. Not much to do except wait like they told us."

"Nah," She stopped me from saying anything else. "You always talk. Today you're not talking. So what's up?"

I blew out a miniature breath and sat up on the bed a little better. I tossed the crayon inside of the crayon bucket and just stared ahead of me.

"We're about to get separated again."

My voice kind of crack, but I didn't let any of the tears that was threatening to fall get passed. I was upset.

"Girl, you know they won't separate us like that. We know each other now. Relax. No need to get upset." She rolled her eyes a little.

I ignored her and slid off the bed. I grabbed my own iPad and headed for the door.

I heard Nevaeh jog up to me before the door closed. Walking to the elevator, I stayed quiet.

"Where are you two going?" One of Mom's friends named Brooke asked us.

"I don't know. We wanted to see where Mom and Dad went." Nevaeh responded.

Brooke smiled a bit. "They're downstairs handling some business. Do you two want to get in the pool?"

Nevaeh nodded. I kept my same stance. I was just a bit annoyed because no one was taking my feelings seriously.

"Go ahead. I'll be back." I told Nevaeh and Ms.Brooke.

Before they could respond, the elevator doors opened and I got on. They stared at me as the doors closed shut and started moving downward.

Once the elevator got to the first floor, I slid off and looked around.

Okay first off, today was extremely busy. People were all around and gossiping about Keyshia's babydaddy girlfriend named Tony and Bridgette's baby coming out with red hair when none of the parents have red hair. Honey, it was a mess.

About a good ten minutes of searching, I heard my mom and dad's voice inside of a little room.

"Nasir, move faster. Right there." I heard Mom say behind the door.

"What the heck are they doing?" I sighed to myself before taking a seat on a bench next to the door.

I kicked my feet and pulled up a dress-up baby game. I loved games like those.

While I was dressing the little girl in some cute dresses, I lost interest really quickly. Placing my iPad to the side, I fiddled my thumbs. My mind kept going back to how Mom and Dad aren't together and how Nevaeh and I are gonna be separated. She doesn't believe we are, but I do.

"Do I look okay?" My mom's voice suddenly rang through my ear when the door to the room they were in opened.

"Yeah."

They walked out together and Mom's eyes grew a bit wide when she saw me sitting there.

"What on God's green earth are you doing right here?" She asked quickly.

"Nothing," I said softly with a fake semi-grin. "Just sitting."

"Wait," Mom paused and sat down beside me. "What's wrong?"

"Be one hundred with me. Are you gon' split Nevaeh and me up again? I don't wanna lose my big sis. Why we got to be apart?"

Mom looked up at Dad and then looked down at me again. She grabbed my hand and kissed the back of it about five times.

"Look at me," She told me. A tear fell down my cheek and she wiped it away. "I know you love your sister. And I do too so very much. But Nasir has full custody of her, and I have full custody of you. That's how we left it. Our intentions weren't to hurt you two. We wasn't even thinking clearly when we made the decision. We just knew we didn't want to lose both twins. And I'm sorry this has to happen."

"Can't you two get full custody of us both? I can sign the-the birth certificates. I can make it happen." I pleaded.

I'd do anything to make sure Twin and I stayed together.

Mom looked at Dad who had his head down, but he was looking at us.

"It takes a lot to get custody, especially over two babies. Right now, we don't have the time to too much dwell on it. You don't understand because you're still young, Princess. You'd still be able to talk to Nevaeh every day and we'll take a lot of vacations together when you two aren't in school." Dad spoke up. "You both will be okay."

I looked away from them both and back down to my hands. I couldn't see eye to eye with their decision. Why were they ever okay with separating my twin and me? It doesn't make sense. Matter of fact, it made me very angry.

"I hate you two." I muttered loud enough for them to hear and I stood up to run off.

"NILAN!"

I kept running.

// Nilan about to get her ass BEAT 😂😭

// Heyyyyyy! I missed y'all! 😭😭😭

// Please read my author's note up above. Thankssssss ;)🥰‼️

// Next Chapter Coming Up Next since I'm now in the writing groove for this book. 😘😘😘😘🥰