6. Day With Mommy

Malibu, California
Nilan Jones
Home

"Watch your step, Missy." Manny told me as he opened the door for me to get in the car.

"Thank you." I told him before snapping on my seatbelt and leaning back in the seat.

"No problem. We have a fun day ahead with your mom so remember to be nice and show good manners."

We stared at each other for a second before breaking into a fit of laughter. He stood by my door and waited for my mom to come out.

She came seconds later dripped in Fendi. She looked so adorable. I would've matched her fly, but I liked my fit.

"Sorry to hold y'all up. I couldn't find these shoes." She apologized.

"No worries. We were cool." Manny told her and shut the door carefully.

"Alright," She said to herself after getting settled and blowing out a small breath I'm sure she didn't know she was holding.

"So where are we about to go?" I asked her once Manny had started driving.

Mom looked over at me. "Somewhere fun that we can spend our last day together."

She pulled a few of my curls out of my face and slid one behind my ear.

"That sounds so much fun. Is ice cream included? I love ice cream."

She giggled and pulled me a little bit to her. "If I tell you all the surprises, it won't be a surprise now would it?"

I sat back and nodded a little bit in understanding.

Manny played a few songs from my mom's new album called "Queen" as we drove through town. I loved her albums so much, especially when she sings.

"Come, come see what I've been up to. Come, come see about me." I sang a little as I stared out the window.

"You should really sing a song for my album. I keep asking you, but you bail out on me." Mom suggested to me.

"I don't know. Maybe." I shrugged shyly.

She nodded a little with the rhythm. "Take your time. But my next album is coming and I will be so happy if you get on there with me."

"Like really happy?" I asked to be sure.

I love it when my mom is really happy. She's so much fun to be around and she always makes me laugh. When she's sad, it's hard to be around her because I hate to see her so upset.

"I sure am." She admitted and I nodded slowly.

"I'll think about it."

Manny let off a low laugh at my comeback and Mom shook her head with a small grin.

A little bit later, we pulled up to Dave & Busters. It's been a while since we've had the chance to go. My insides started bursting with excitement.

"Wait for me. Don't run or walk away. Be careful and I have to be with you at all times." She warned me.

"Alright I promise."