25. Attitudes & Goodbyes

(Edit Note for those who are current readers as of 09/17/19: There will be an age change when I edit this book. More info is in chapter 28.)

~ Jailiana

Nevaeh Jones
Miami, Florida

We all stood around the entrance of the lobby with our bags and things. It's funny how a few days can change your whole life.

I thought that our parents wouldn't separate us again. I was wrong. They sat me down by myself and told me there wasn't a way for all of us to be together yet. It made me very angry, but I kept my cool.

"Alright, Babygirl. I'll see you soon okay? I love you. Remember that?" Mom hugged me tightly and kissed my cheek a million times.

"See you soon, Mommy. I love you too and I will always remember that." I smiled wide.

She released me and looked over at Nilan who was standing a little off from us.

Nilan hasn't spoken to anyone since yesterday. Not even me. Her face is poker and emotionless. I think she's taking this pretty hard because apart of my whole body feels very weak. I know it's because of her.

The group continued to hug each other and Dad came up to me. He seemed to not have been feeling his best either.

"She gonna be okay?" I asked him while pointing over to Nilan.

The poor girl was almost having a nervous breakdown on the inside of her...and I felt the whole thing.

"Go ahead and tell your sister goodbye. We have to get on the plane." His deep voice said lowly to me.

"Oh....Alright."

I walked over to Nilan and she looked over at me. She's so beautiful. She looks just like me.

The crew begin to go outside, which gave us time to talk alone a little.

"You got to cheer up and apologize to Mom. You don't hate her. You're just upset." I corrected her action from yesterday.

"I know that, Nevaeh. And I will later. You look cute."

Her voice was slightly hoarse.

"Thanks. You too."

We both just silently looked around.

I grabbed her hand softly. "We better get out there. I don't want you in anymore trouble." I laughed a bit to cheer her up. She wasn't having it though.

As we were walking outside, Nilan went away from the group. She wasn't ready to mingle or say goodbye and I understood.

"And goodbye to you niece number one." Auntie Candi kissed my cheek.

"See you one day." I giggled and gave her a hug.

"You'll see me sooner or later." She shrugged.

"Nevaeh! We about to go, Princess." Daddy called from the car.

"Coming!"

I made my way over to Nilan again. She looked at me and for the first time today, I saw how sad she really was. It did something to my heart.

"Hey. Don't be so sad. My feelings are hurt too." I whispered to her softly. "It's not gonna be forever. At least that's what mom and dad said."

She looked away for a few seconds and then back at me. "Why they always gotta tear us apart?"

Her voice cracked so bad, so I pulled her to me and we hugged. A few of my own tears dropped to her shoulder as she soaked my shirt with hers.

"We can still talk every day. I'll miss you." I reasoned with her.

"I think I'll miss you more than you'll miss me." She sniffled and wiped her red face.

"I love you, Twin. I'm really sorry." I apologized.

She nodded and sniffled again. "I love you more, Twin."

We didn't want to let each other go. The more I let her arms go, the harder she held on. Then she got the picture and tried to let go, but I held on her this time.

"Nevaeh!"

My hands slowly inched away from Nilan's. They were still outstretched as I slowly backed away.

Nilan stood there as I walked backwards to the car. I sent her a small wave and she did the same.

Tears race down my face as I got into the passenger side of the truck. Mom had to carry Nilan to the car and put her in because she was frozen.

I felt frozen too.

My heart raced when Daddy pulled away from the drive thru. I stared at Mom's car for the longest of time...and then I couldn't see it anymore.

I wiped my face and laid my head against the window. Daddy grabbed my hand and caressed it as he pulled into the airport that was close by.

"Don't even worry about it, Nevaeh. Once we get home, we can do whatever you want. Bowling, eat ice cream all day until our stomachs hurt, whatever you want. I'll make it up to you. I promise."

I just nodded and kept looking ahead. Nothing was worth getting my heart broken for.

// I'm crying. Ok?

// Next Chapter....

// Vote. Comment.