18. Namaste

Neveah Jones
Miami, Florida
Park #2

Miami was like a movie. Fast cars, city life, shopping vibes, and then the beach life was all around us on full display. It was awesome being somewhere different with someone who's like you.

"It's been a week and a half. What's taking mom and dad so long?" I rolled my eyes a little as me and Ni sat in the beach sand.

So far, we haven't gotten a lead on whether or not our parents know where we are. Nilan wanted to call them to give 'em a hint but I told her let them talk and figure it out themselves. It's all apart of the big plan.

"It's like they don't know us at all because my Mom knows that this city is one of my favorite places." She explained while crunching on some chips.

"It's crazy. It's like they've forgotten about us."

Omniscient Section:

Onika wiped another tear from her eye as she waited impatiently for Nasir to get to the estate. She shook her left leg in nervousness while chewing on her nails and prayed that nothing evil was happening to her baby girls. The poor woman was out of it.

It had been ten days, seven hours, fifty four minutes, and twenty three seconds since she last saw her baby girl...well baby girls and she was falling a part. The family members were all out searching the city like she had been doing since first finding out about the disappearance of Neveah. She had just come home from the studio when every house worker she had ran up to her in tears, sweat, and freight that Neveah had gone missing. She pondered on how she felt instantly hearing the news while dropping to the floor and clutching her heart. She was on her last leg before involving the troublesome media about her missing baby girls.

Nasir's mind was all over the place as he neared the address Onika had given him. Tupac blasted through his speakers as he turned on a signal and tried to get his mind off the heaviness he felt. He had no clue what really happened to Nilan. He just knew she wasn't home for over forty nine plus hours. He was having a fit. Savin played her role at not knowing what happened to Nilan as she sat in the passenger seat of his car with a smirk on her face the entire ride to Onika's. Nas didn't know why he even let her come with him, but he guessed he needed the company.

As the car drove through the automatic gates, Nas parked in front of Onika's door. He stepped out of the vehicle and wasted no time going up the marble steps and knocking on the large, marbled doors to match.

Onika nearly ran to the door and opened it instantly.

"Thank God! I thought you'd never get here." She said our of breath and let Nasir and Savin into her home.

Savin sized Onika up, immediately making Nicki stop and stare to see what the issue was. She hated to even entertain stupidity at a time like that, but it was her home and she wasn't about to let nobody play her for a fool.

"So what all do you know?" Nasir asked Onika, stepping aside to see the two women eyeballing each other.

"All i know is Neveah left the house without a word to anybody. I was in the studio and she was here because she said she didn't want to come with me that day. I swear she was in her room playing the video game when I left. No sign of anyone taking her." Onika explained in a calmly matter. "What about Nilan?"

"She left without a trace. I don't know why or how." He kept it short.

The room got quiet as the two parents stood and thought about what could have happened.

There was only a matter of time left before things start to get heated up.

Nilan Jones
Miami, Florida
The Beach

Neveah talked my head off about this girl on the plane and how the girl was so nice and invited her to her home near this exact beach. She was so curious to where the girl stayed.

"I'm just saying. If you want to eat, I know a spot." She continued, hinting that she was hungry. 

"Veah, if you wanna go get some food at the girl's house all you got to do is ask." I smirked.

"Alright lets go."

I shook my head as she hopped up and grabbed our things. I followed suite and placed my bag on my back.

Walking to the streets, we crossed over and Neveah begin telling me more about the directions Cassidy gave her. It took us a couple of minutes until we saw her sitting on her porch.

"Cassidy!" Neveah shouted and waved at the beautiful girl.

"Oh my gosh, Neveah! I didn't know you were a twin. Hi." Cassidy beamed and gave me a tight — yet painful — hug.

"Hi. I'm Nilan. Nice to meet you." I waved a bit.

"Nice to meet you too. I was hoping you two would stop by. Come inside and let's chat. My mom's making dinner. I think it's tacos."

Veah and I agreed before following her inside. We greeted her mother, who was very warm and welcoming. Her vibe was attracting, honest, bold, and warm spirited.

Making it back to Cassidy's room, I admired the posters on her wall. And what made it even weirder is that most of them were our mom's and she had some of Nasir too.

"Woah. You got a lot of pictures of this woman." Neveah said smoothly, pointed at pictures we never saw before of Mommy.

I ran my hand across a picture of her showing a lot of skin. "Why she ain't got no clothes on?" I laughed.

Cassidy smiled. "This is my favorite artist in the world, Nicki Minaj. She's so bold and beautiful and she reminds me that no matter what happens in my life, her love for her fans will always hold me through it all."

"That's sweet." Neveah giggled.

"Yeah it is. You wanna know what's funny? Y'all look just like her."

I looked over at Neveah and kept quiet until she blurted out the truth.

"Well that's our mom so we supposed to look like her."

I facepalmed so fast and just looked at her. Cassidy stared at the two of us before staring at a picture on her wall of Nas and Nicki. She grabbed it before bringing it to our faces. With one gasp, she dropped the picture and squealed.

"Don't have a heart attack." I warned her. "I've seen a lot of her fans do that before."

"Try all of them mostly. Ever saw someone die in five seconds and come back like nothing happened? Stick with our mom and you'll see it all." Neveah added with a shrug.

"I can't believe I'm actually cool with Nicki's kids. Kids who no one even knows she has. My whole idol has kids. I'm dumbfounded and in awe at the same time. This is such a huge secret. Oh my gosh!"

We watched her jump up and down like a little kid at the candy store. When she finally composed herself, we sat on her bed and she fished her phone for something.

"Your mom follows me on twitter, but she hasn't been online in over a month. I miss her. Is she down here in Miami? I would love to meet her in person."

I sighed.

Neveah spoke up again in a more serious tone. "Nah she's not. She doesn't know we're here. It's a long story, but I think we'll need your help now that you know."

Cassidy looked at us and nodded slowly. "Anything to protect my fav's angels."

// College semester ends on Thursday so I'll be updating regularly until I start summer classes in two-three weeks.

// Here's a slight update that I promised my twin AyoChun  I love you, Italy. 😉💞 Sorry it's an hour late 😭😂

// Vote. Comment. Subscribe. I'll try to update more tomorrow ‼️🤟🏽 Goodnight!