Ch. 4

Armani's POV:

A few weeks have passed and Envy is getting better at her job. She cries a lot less and I yell at her a lot less.

We barely speak. She comes in my office for her mission at least once a week. I tell her the plan. She asks questions and then she leaves.

Every mission has been successful. She gets along with my men great. The one thing about her that bothers me is the fact that she's oblivious. She doesn't notice when men stare at her or want her. She thinks everything is a "friendly gesture". Shockingly Anex has taking a liking to her.

Gionni found information on her and her life and everything she told us was and is true.

Ricky even confessed that she had nothing to do with him stealing the money. Right after he said that I shot his dumbass in the throat.

"Mr. Moretti, Tabitha is at the door. Should I let her in?" Lisa asks me through the intercom in my office.

"Yeah." I say in a gruff tone. Today is my personal day off. No Mafia, no women, nothing but peace. She knows that I do this once a month and she shows up occasionally.

I walk out of my office to greet Tabitha but she's already in the living room conversing with Envy. Probably because they have never met before.

"Why didn't you tell me you had a girlfriend?! She is so lovely." Tabitha says while looking at me. Of course the first thing she does when she sees me is ask nonsensical questions.

"She's not my girlfriend. She works for me." I say in an annoyed tone.

"Oh good. Listen Envy my son is free. You should date him. All he does is sleep around." She says talking about Enzo.

I mean she's not wrong. We both do that however Enzo would never go for Envy. 1 because he likes tall girls and 2 because of me.

I told all my men that she is off limits. If she gets involved with one of them she will forget her duty and or want to stop doing it and I will have to kill her and him.

"Enzo and I are just friends." Envy says with a laugh. She seems to be getting along with Tabitha already.

"If you say so. Anyways, it was nice to meet you. I have to talk to Armani now." Tabitha says and stands up walking towards me.

"What is it now?" I ask her with a sigh when we get in my office.

She always comes with horrible news. She's a crass and hateful woman. It surprised me that she even acknowledged Envy let alone started a conversation with her.

"That girl is too pretty for this job, one day she's gonna get hurt." She says without even looking at me.

"I know." I say and shrug. I don't think anyone will kill her. They might hurt or rape her though. She's too good looking for this job. No flaws on the outside and that makes men want to be with her or hurt her.

I've seen it done several times before.

"Anyways, you're father told Lenard that we're having a ball this weekend. It will be at your expense. Lots of potential clients will be invited. Make a plan and have it done by Friday." She says sternly and then walks right out of my office. Lenard is her husband and Enzo's father.

I instantly get mad. How the fuck am I supposed to plan a ball in 4 days. Where the fuck am I even supposed to have it.

One fucking day off. That's all I wanted.

Someone knocks on my door and I yell for them to come in. The door opens and it's Envy.

"What." I say to her in an annoyed tone. I'm not in the mood.