Ch. 11

*SHORT CHAPTER*

It took 2 hours before she came back and she immediately comes in my office with Enzo right behind her. She's not wearing that club outfit anymore. She's wearing a t-shirt, some pajama pants, and her curls are up in a bun.

"Sit." I say to her. She sighs but listens to me.

"Enzo get out." I say while looking at him, he smirks but leaves anyways.

"How much money did you make tonight?" I ask her.

"A little over a thousand." She says with a shrug.

"Tomorrow I will instruct Gionni and Lisa to take you shopping. Give me all the money." I say to her she stiffens.

"But I worked for this money." She says looking at me in disbelief. Probably worried that I'm gonna take her money and leave her broke again.

"Give it." I say sternly.

She reaches into her pocket and hands me a wad of cash.

"Here." I say and hand her one of my black cards. She looks confused but she takes it anyways.

"There's no limit. Get whatever you want tomorrow from the mall or wherever. You start your new job on Monday." I say to her while counting the money. She made 1057 dollars.

"New job?" She says still looking confused.

"Yes, you can either work at the bakery or the club. Choose one now." I say while looking at her.

"You have a bakery?" She asks me

"It's a family bakery. Something I can use for tax purposes. My cousin Angelina runs it." I say answering her question.

"I'd like to work at the bakery." She says with a small smile. I knew she would pick that one. She apparently loves cooking and baking.

"Good, there's a new IPhone on your bed and a tv in your room. You have free reign to the house but your not allowed in any of the rooms on the third floor besides the workout room. You are no longer a member of this mafia. You are a legitimate worker for me. You are also not allowed to go in the basement. I have rules that we will discuss after you get back from shopping tomorrow. For now you are dismissed." I say and she stands up. She visibly looks happier.

She starts to walk out and I stand up and quickly walk behind her.

"Never think that your body is the only way for you to survive. I never want to see you using your body for money ever again. Understood?" I say in a low tone into her ear and she shudders.

"I understand." She says almost in a whisper.

"Good." I say and then softly pat her butt signaling that she could go.

She practically runs out of my office.

As soon as she leaves Enzo comes in.

"What did you do?" He asks me.

"I gave her a new job." I say with a shrug.

"What job and why did she run out of here smiling." He asks

"At the bakery, and because she's happy with the new situation she's in." I say trying to hide my own smile.

"Uh huh we-" he starts and gets cut off by a phone call. It's a FT call from a random number. He answers it and Envy's face pops up.

"I'm gonna be calling you to gossip EVERY NIGHT! I can't believe he got me an IPhone." She says and sounds excited.

Enzo looks over to me in shock

"AND he got me a TV. I'm going to binge watch Zack and Cody all night!" She says, yeah I hooked her up with all the streaming apps. She probably hasn't watched tv since she's been here.

"Ask him if I'm allowed to cook in the kitchen." She asks Enzo.

"Well is she?" He asks me with a smirk and I nod my head.

"Baby girl the world is yours." He says to her with a chuckle and she squeals in excitement.

"Okay I'm gonna make a nice southern dinner for everyone tomorrow. Tell him I said thanks so much for everything!" She says and then hangs up with a smile on her face.

Enzo puts his phone in his pocket and then looks at me laughing.

"You see what you get when you're nice to people like Envy? Food, and appreciation." He says with a laugh and I roll my eyes.

"Oh whatever, and never call her baby girl again." I say sorta seriously.

"Don't scare her off this time." He says while patting my back and then he walks out of my office.

FINALLY

I can smile in peace and actually feel good about myself. Which doesn't happen a lot. I don't give many people grace. I don't pity Envy for the things that have happened in her life at all. I just think that her niceness got her into a troubled situation with Ricky, and those who are nice and caring should not be punished. I can see now that Envy is not a fake, she's not calculated in any way, she's just a sweet woman and even though she's been through some shit she still loves herself and loves her life trying to help others.

For that I respect her.