Ch. 36

The Truth

"Speak." I say to her as I get dressed. She's sitting on my bed crying.

"F-from the beginning?" She asks wiping her tears.

"Duh." I say to her.

"Well the Russian guy that attacked you he um h-he hired me to seduce you and take you down. Ricky was also working for him and they both were blackmailing me. T-they threatened to kill my grandparents and I had to go along with it. The night you kidnapped me was planned because Ricky had a tracking device on me at all times. He purposely left hints that I was working with him. He knew that you were gonna come for me. That's how Anex even found out about me. Whenever you took me the device fell off and I was rogue." She says while looking at me.

"Go on." I say to her.

"Nothing I did or said was a lie. That's why I was seemingly happy when I was with you. They couldn't blackmail me anymore. They had to just trust me to get the job done. I never told them anything about you." She says sniffing.

"Would you have?" I ask her seriously.

"What?"

"If I didn't knock the tracking device off would you have told them anything about me." I say to her and sit next to her on the bed.

"No, you're scary but Ivan is a horrible human being. I was willing to take my chances with you. I didn't think you would really kill me." She says with a sigh.

Ivan must be the Russian guy

"Is Emani mine actually?" I ask her.

"Yes."

"That's all I care about." I say with a sigh.

"You're not mad at me?" She asks me looking confused.

"I am." I say

"Do I have to go in the basement?" She asks me.

"No, I have a different punishment for you but I also have another question." I say to her.

Honestly I'm pissed that she was lying from the beginning but I don't think she was lying when she said she wouldn't tell that guy anything about me.

"Yes?"

"Why would he kill you if you were apart of his plan? The house blew up." I say to her.

"I assume someone told him that we had feelings for each other." She says with a shrug.

"We have feelings for each other?" I ask her.

"Well I don't know. Maybe not feelings but emotions." She says and she sounds nervous.

She likes me, also she's about to start with the nonsense.

"What emotions Envy." I ask her.

"Lust, attraction, love, affection, caring. That's what you feel for me." She says with a smirk.

"And what do you feel for me?" I ask her, shaking my head in amusement.

"Mostly annoyance." She says with a shrug