Ch. 15

It's been weeks since the Bakery incident. I haven't talked to Envy at all. She is still working at the Bakery but there is security there at all times.

"She's still not talking to you?" Gionni asks me.

He came over today to use the pool.

"Nope." I say nonchalantly.

"Why do you think that is?" He asks me while trying not to laugh.

"She doesn't like me." I say and shrug.

"I wouldn't say that. Some of the things she did when she fought that robber she definitely learned from you." He says to me with a smirk.

"Like what?" I ask him looking confused.

"Ask her. I'm going to swim." He says and walks out of my kitchen.

He's strange. Who swims alone at night?

Then the front door opens and in walks Envy and Enzo.

Envy doesn't speak to me she just rushes away.

"Next week the bakery's closed." Enzo says and I don't know what he's talking about.

"You don't pay attention to anything my mom says do you? We're going to Italy for your grandmother's 75th birthday." He says and shakes his head in amusement.

"Oh yeah." I say and drink my water.

"You invited Envy right?" He asks me and I immediately look away from him.

"Dude she'll be here alone." He says

I shrug.

"Ahh well I told her about it and she said she'd rather stay and hang with Kevin anyways." He says

I immediately pull out my phone and call Envy.

She answers rather quickly but I can tell she's in the shower.

"When you're done come see me." I say and then hang up the phone and Enzo is laughing at me.

"Get out." I say to him

"No can do. I'm going swimming with Gionni and Envy." He says and crosses his arms. I simply walk away and into my office.

A couple minutes later Envy comes in.

God thank you for not letting her wear a bikini.

"You wanted to see me?" She asks me and sits down in one of my chairs. Her hair is up in a bun and she's wearing a thin crop top with no bra on and some spandex shorts. She no longer has stitches in her face but she does have a bandaid on it. Her face is back to normal though.

"We leave for Italy on Saturday." I say to her while trying not to look at her hard nipples.

I keep it very cold in the house.

"I know, Enzo and Tabitha invited me a week ago." She says looking at me like I'm stupid.

Enzo fucking tricked me.

"He said it's my birthday gift." She says with a small smile.

It's May 27 so we will be there on her birthday.

I nod and she stands up to leave.

"Are you still mad at me?" I blurt out without thinking.

She turns back to me and sighs pursing her plump lips.

"I was never mad at you. I was mad at myself. I just left you alone cause I feel like I stress you out." She says while looking at me.

She does.