Ch. 18

It's night time and I can tell Envy wants to go back to her hotel and be alone because she keeps asking if we're doing something else every time we go to a new place.

I drive Sofia and Gia home first. They protest and want to spend the night but that wasn't happening.

My brothers and Enzo decided that they are gonna go to some bar tonight. They invited me but I declined. But dropped them off at my house.

Now it's just me and Envy in the car.

She's looking out the window with a pout on her beautiful face.

"You're not a whore Envy." I blurt out and she looks over at me.

"I know. I wasn't upset about that." She says nonchalantly.

"Then why were you upset?" I ask her curiously. If I were her that would make me upset I think.

"Because I gave my number to that jerk. Also I wasn't checking on him for his injuries. I was searching his pockets to get my number back." She says and then digs in her purse and pulls out the slip of paper that has her number on it.

She's sneaky and smart

"Then why weren't you having a good time after we left?" I ask her

"I don't like your girlfriend or that other lady. I didn't want to be around them any longer. Also my first boyfriend left me for my sister and my second one used me as a cover up and beat me. I've felt like worse and I've been called worse. I only gave him my number to annoy you." She says and looks over at me.

"She's not my girlfriend." I say sternly. She has never been my girlfriend and will never be my girlfriend.

"If I were you I would stick with her. She's not a great person and she's obviously a gold digger and only with you for your looks but she'll be loyal. Loyalty is hard to find." She says attempting to give me advice.

Unnecessary advice.

"I don't need relationship advice Envy. If I wanted a woman I would have one. That woman would not be a gold digger or an opportunist." I say to her and I notice from the side of my eye that her face changes from stoic to pleasant.

"You think you're ever gonna get married and have kids?" She asks me with a smile on her face.

I think talking about relationships and families make her happy. Honestly I would think it would do the opposite because her parents and sister don't like her and she's had a horrible experience with relationships.

"No." I say with a shrug.

Marriage is for those who have time for others. I live my life fast and dangerous. I would never force anyone to put up with that.

"Hmm, I think you're gonna get married and have lots of babies." She says with a chuckle.

"Why?"

"Because it's not easy. You live your life in a specific way and someday that's going to have to change. Take it from me, life is strange and the things that you think you don't want or you're fearful of usually happens." She says while looking at the side of my face.

I don't think she's wrong. However, I'd first have to actually care about a woman, propose to her, actually get married, and have sex WITHOUT a condom.

It's not likely that I'll do any of that.

"There's a process that I'm not willing to go through." I say