Sixteen

I arrived at the foundation and sprinted out of the truck. 'Please be here.' I thought as I went up the stairs that led to the living quarters.

Once the familiar door came into view, my gut feeling became worse. It's as if since I've awakened from the coma everything has been a blur.

I heard quiet running steps towards me but before I could turn around I was engulfed in a hug. I looked at the person and a tear slipped from my eye.

I looked at the dropped convenience store bag and then back at the brown-haired girl.

"Aki..." Before I could say another word she picked up the bag and dragged me inside her apartment.

"Y/n what are you doing here." She went to each window making sure they were locked and the blinds were shut.

"I know this is going to sound crazy but after one of my missions, I'm assuming I got hurt. I had woken up in the hospital and there were men everywhere. I thought Danzo sent them but it was a person named Madara." Her eyes widened in horror.

"But it's fine, I have a truck outside now. You and Kaito can come with me. I have a bag of money still hidden-"

"Y/n..." She motioned to the couch and we took a seat. "What mission were you on?"

"Red 441." I laughed at looked at her confusingly. Her eyes teared up.

"Y/n that mission was 2 years ago..." I shook my head and searched her face for any sign of a joke.

"Why were you at the hospital?" She asked concerningly. "I had just awakened from a 5-month coma. I thought the mission was what put me there."

"I believe your memories are slightly forgotten. To how long I don't know but judging how you just mentioned Kaito, I really can't tell." My eyes widened.

"No don't tell me- did he-"

"Your brother passed away two years ago, y/n. I'll make you some coffee."

I stared at the ground as I leaned my head into my shaken hands. Then how do I remember him so but not his death?

"Let me jog your memory. We have to be quick though, we don't know if you've been found yet."

So then that's what she did. She reminded me of everything about her and Kaito. Including the assignment he was on that had gotten him killed. Even the night when I managed to get out of Danzo's hold.

"And you mentioned that some people said a person named Madara was looking for you?" I nodded and she grabbed her laptop tapping a few keys.

She turned the computer and she sighed. "It's just as I thought."

She turned the screen around and my face furrowed into one of confusion.

"Uchiha? As in those rich uptight no good for nothing CEOs that Danzo hated."

"Y/n what the hell were you doing involved with those people?" She asked in disbelief.

"Can you show me a picture?" She pressed the 'image' button and turned the screen once more.

Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my head as a memory resurfaced.

I saw a man getting up from an office chair and walking by a fireplace. He then turned towards me with a chilling glare.

"I don't yet remember this man but I believe he is the reason I ended up in the hospital."