Twelve

I approached a gas station, parking at a pump. I realized I had no money whatsoever. I hit my hand against the steering wheel in anger.

"Shit shit shit..." I looked through the compartments until I found a yellow envelope. No way this is what I think it is. A stack of at least 200 dollars was here.

I had forgotten that most of the security vehicles had emergency cash inside them. In my case, this is in fact an emergency. I grabbed a few twenties and went to pay.

While I was here, I bought some snacks so I wouldn't have to stop anymore.

"Will that be all miss?" I nodded my head quickly and grabbed my things heading out. Once my gas finished I got back on the road.

Not even 20 minutes later I heard police sirens. I merge over to get out of their way butt they begin to slow down and stop.

Behind me.

"No fucking way." I groaned in disbelief. Panic arose in my chest as I felt my heart rate increasing.

I rolled down my window and mustered a smile. "Hello, officers." I greeted.

"License and Registration." I don't have any documentation. It's at the foundation.

One of them spectated me and the other my vehicle. "Do you have any firearms or illegal substances in the vehicle?" They asked before I could respond.

Yeah...me.

"What is your name?" Another asked.

"No officer, I do not." He looked at his partner and they sent one another a nod. I looked between the two and my heart dropped. "Also my name is Y/n."

I should've lied...

"Please step out of the vehicle ma'am." My eyes widened in disbelief.

"May I ask why?" He stuck his hand inside and unlocked the door, pulling me out. "Get your hands off of me!" I shoved him off and the other officer slammed me against the hood of the car.

They handcuffed me and placed me in the back of the car. The whole time my nerves were terrible.

"Look officers you have the wrong person..." Silence.

"I would like to know why I'm being-" The car began accelerating rapidly making me fly back into the seat. I dislocated my thumb and slipped out of the handcuffs.

At least the ride there will be more comfortable. I spectated the vehicle in concern.

How could I be this stupid?

The man in the passenger's seat glanced at me through the fence.

"Look," I hesitated. "I was abducted. I had finally gotten away- these people are very powerful and I can't return to them."

They both continued ignoring me. I rested my head against the window in sorrow. "I.... I'm barely holding on. My friend made sure I was able to get out the first time, only for this to happen again." I cried quietly.

"So I need to get out while there is still time," I massaged my wrist and wiped a stray tear.

We arrived at the police station. Once he opened the door he looked at my wrist and then my face.

He dragged me into a room where soon a female officer wrapped my hand. "The detective will be here in a few, so sit tight." She placed a cup of water in front of me and then left.

I observed my reflection in the two-way mirror. This is not how I expected this to go.

I'm sorry Aki but I'm not as strong as you are.

A man entered the room silently. He had two scars that ran along his face and overall he looked as if he didn't want to be wasting his time on me.

"Hello, my name is Detective Morino. What is your name?" He sat across from me reading every action I made.

"Y/n"

"Do you know why you are here?"

"I was hoping that's what you came to tell me."

He stared into my eyes and then looked up at the camera in the corner of the room.

"You intrigue me." He muttered.

"How so?"

"We will discuss that later. Now what are you running from?"

"A lot of things. People." He studied me even more indicating that I wasn't lying.

"Are you going to give me a name?" He pressed.

"Is it safe to?" I shakenly said. "That depends on the answer you give me."

"Mada-" The door slammed open.

"Ibiki, she's free to go." An officer announced with visible nervousness in his voice. My eyes widened and Detective Morino spectated me with an expression I couldn't decipher.

"Y/n. What was the name you were-"

"My client isn't obligated to answer any more of your questions." A man in a suit said. I looked at him with an unsure expression.

He tried to hand me a phone but I refused to take it. So he placed it against my ear.

"I advise you to not say another word Y/n." A familiar deep husky voice commanded. I shook my head as fear stuck throughout my entire body.

"Detective Marino you are needed-"

"I will walk Y/n out." He said leaving no room for argument. However, I couldn't move from the seat.

The phone rang again only this time, the "lawyer" alone answered it. He pulled me up from the seat dragging me out of the interrogation room.

I stopped in my tracks as I came face to face with Izuna. On the outside, he showed no emotion but on the inside, I could tell he was fuming.

Same for Madara who had just exited the police chief's office with a chuckle. The petrified chief nervously laughed as sweat formed on his head.

"Ah, there's my lovely y/n." He clapped his hands and took menacing slow steps toward me as I attempted to fight back my tears. I shook my head as they fell.

"No, my sweet, don't cry." He patted my tears and leaned closer to where only I could hear him. "The pain has yet to begin."

Ibiki however wasn't comfortable with this whole situation and Madara knew of this.

Ibiki Morino was the detective who personally never turned a blind eye to the Uchiha's crimes and activities. It was his boss that made all of the officers stay silent on the matter because of their fear of the Uchiha.

"Detective Morino, I appreciate you watching y/n for me. I hope she didn't say anything too drastic she hasn't had her medication." My fist bawled at this but I couldn't say a word.

At least now that is.