10) Isaac

1 month later...

I had only just recently got out of hospital due to the strange complications of mine and several errors and infections.

Luke, however , was still in hospital because the amount of surgeries they did , it affected his everyday uses.

I went to go see him... He just lied there, propped up onto the hard cushions underneath the uncomfortable blanket.

He was pale, he looked sick. I held his hand for what seemed like forever and looked down at the ground , just thinking.

No-one else was there, not his mother nor any other part of his family, just me . I hated to see him there.

I never thought a boy like would be ever like this, boys like him are lively , even though he's sick, I thought his happiness would follow him.

But it didn't .

I eventually went home, very slowly as the rain and thunder just continued its purpose, my face was wet, my hair was; I wasn't bothered.

Entering my house, I saw my mother slouching down on the kitchen stools, reading the newspaper as her tears dropped on to the paper and smudged the black ink.

She looked up while mascara ran down her face and said,
"You're going to have a baby brother..."

My heart took fast beats and my mouth dropped in shock.

"But ... You're not with anyone"

"It was before your father died, I'm seven months along" mother wept.

"Well, do you have a name?"

"I quite like Isaac, it's quite a sweet name" mother said , cheering up.

I nodded and agreed.

Lele came into the room with Leia ,

"Hey you heard the news, moms pregnant"

"I know"

"How come I didn't then" I asked,

"Luke, was up all in your thoughts wouldn't want another thing too"

I walked upstairs and ran into my room . My auburn sweater had still not been thrown out. I didn't want it in my house. I know that blood is washable but it just made me depressed.

The thought of it just brought me to tears , I held my grey cardigan and sobbed.

Leia knocked on my door,
"Can I come in?"

"Sure"

I wiped my tears and patted my beds blanket , showing her that she's welcome.

"How's Luke?"

"Pale, sick..." I said and carried on adding adjectives to the lists.

"To cheer you up , How about coming to a spa on the weekend, I've got my passport on me and it's already booked, you can't say no!" She smiled highly.

"Fine, let me see your passport, my photo is awful , what about yours?"

"It's ok.. I don't have my passport at the moment."

"But you just said you did..., what are you hiding?"

She just ignored and stared at me. I snatched her bag off her and grabbed her passport.

I opened to the information page.
"Charlie worth?"

She sighed, "yes"

"Why did you lie!" I shouted.

"Forget it, just get out!" I yelled.

"Penny"

"Out!"

Who is Charlie worth? I know nothing about her? Why did she lie?

I wrote it in my entry to Luke, whilst he was currently unaware of my previous presence by his side, I've decided to write entries for him, it was to tell him the gossip.

It went a little like this...

~ Dear Luke
There has been many events while you have been sick: moms pregnant with a baby boy , Leia lied about her identity; she's called Charlie Worth
Missed you loads
Penny ~

Although they were short , they did the job.

I decided to go see him today.

I strolled down the death halls of the hospital and entered the ICU (intensive care unit). He was awake which made me quite happy. He was surprisingly happy.

"Hello Penny"

"Hi Luke, is the pain waring off?"

"Yeah but I do have to live with this unusual amount of pressure on my left side"

"I can't believe your supposed friends did this, what's their names?" I said.

"Quentin and Jay"

It went silent...
"Anyways, moms pregnant with a boy , although I already wrote you a letter explaining that"

"Aww a new baby. It's also so sweet that you would write me entries " he smiled.

I hadn't seen him smile in months. I was surprised.
"Name?"

"Isaac" I replied.

"Great name" he complimented.

"I know"

He embraced me in a friendly and tight hug for three minutes.

I smiled calmly and hugged him again tightly.

"Have you been doing anything good over the past few days?"I asked.

"I watched the days go past, and ate the food they give you, it's truly the worst thing I've ever tasted."

I giggled.

"I was so scared about you when you were run over, I thought you were going to die, your face was turning blue and you could barely speak"

He continued...
"It was like you were already gone..."

Suddenly, I began to cry into his clothes.

"Don't cry" he said.

"Oh sorry" I cried, wiping my tears.

"Don't apologise"

I'm surprised Luke wasn't depressed , his room was definitely depressing.

There was a small window which revealed some light but it was covered by a miniature black Curtain. The paintings displayed above him were dark and full of sadness, for example a small old cottage torn apart in the storm.He was constantly surrounded by death and ill people.

~~~
One hour later

I had fallen asleep earlier in the uncomfortable chair so when I had woken my back was sore.

I kissed his forehead and went out of the ICU.

"Penny!"
Leia came running towards me.

"Go away, I just want to focus on Luke"

"Is he okay?" She asked.

"Okay? He's in the ICU! " I responded harshly.

"I need to explain..." Charlie said but was soon stopped by my interruption,
"For all I know, you could be dangerous" I spat.

Worth was still talking but I carried on
walking home.

The ambulance was outside our house. I rushed over to Lele
"What's happened !?"
"Mom has just had Isaac!" Lele said worriedly dragging me inside roughly by the arm.
~~~~~~~~~~