19) Bells of eternity

All parts from this book by my watt-pad account 'flawless' is copyrighted and no copying shall be allowed of any chapter or sentence(s)  the book has to offer. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Emma's POV:

Continued...
I walked towards Ian , his eyes still glaring at me.
"Have you got what I want?" I asked cautiously .

He handed me a large brown package , "all the informations there"

"Thanks" .
I handed him 500 dollars and he stuffed it in his Jean pocket.
"When you moving back to Indiana?"

"Never, fathers planning to move to Philly instead, he's bringing his new wife , Penny's Aunt, my best friend"

Ian was now Staring at the moon and the stars hung in the navy sky. No longer glaring at me.

"Don't start going soft Em, you can't care about Her if you are paying your boss $500 to figure out her whole life , even her family's"

"I care!" I blurted out, he just turned at me and smirked , something made him laugh.

"Really ?"

I just pondered around the roof of the Charles support building , peering down at the ground , we were 150 feet up.

"Beautiful right?" He asked.

I nodded and just sat on the edge my legs hanging over. Ian sat down beside me.

I was in way too much trouble with this business I was in, I only worked in an office but there was so many deceiving secrets.

He drank a bottle of water in his right hand and threw it off the roof.

Opening the envelope , I scrolled past the unnecessary information. Until I reached shocking information.

"She has cancer?" I mumbled to myself. A tear dripped from my eye.

"Mhm? Something wrong?"

"No, nothing it's fine"

"Something's clearly wrong" Ian mentioned , "you're crying"

"It's nothing , I've just realised how mean I am for doing this. Selfish. You didn't happen to read through this before giving it to me did you?"

"No , I got it straight given from Frank. He said it was pretty deep though"

Sure is.

I rested my head on his shoulder and left my legs go back and forth , kicking the brick wall every so often.

***

Penny POV:

I woke up about 2am. Turning around, I saw Luke sleeping peacefully with his arm wrapped around me tightly. Releasing his grip, I stood to my feet and thought.
"Where's Emma?"

I wandered through all rooms of the house , she definitely wasn't here until I noticed a piece of paper with small writing on.
___
Dear Pen,
I've gone out. Be back soon.
~Emma
___

I huffed and went back to bed.

***
The next morning ...

I rolled over to see Luke still sleeping but Emma was sat on my lounge couch , staring at me contently.

"Do you realise that is creepy?"