30) Last christmas I gave you my...?

Eight days later...

I woke up groggily due to Lele screaming 'it's the 1st of December!' at five thirty am.

Wrapping one of my many pillow around my head and murmuring 'take me now' into the pillow, heavy footsteps were heard paddling across my room towards my king sized bed.

"1st of December, twenty four days till Christmas, it's the 1st of December" Lele cruelly sung ripping the cushion from my warm embrace and shouting in my ears.

"Anything to escape that awful noise. Known as Lele's singing."

I dragged myself to the shower with a pile of clothes; Christmas printed cotton shorts; a red wooly jumper; and
black thigh slipper boots.

"I guess we now know who the grinch of our family is now.." Lele led on.

I narrowed my eyes at her and swung around slamming the door in her face then showering.

I popped out of the shower and collapsed back onto bed. Today hopefully will be a chill day but considering L's lovely wake up song this morning... I beg to differ.

Lele stropped beside me in her black wooly jumper, skinny jeans and knee high boots. The additional metal cat ears too.

"It's shopping day today, we need to buy gifts!" She excitedly bellowed.

"Yeah, I don't think so. Just over a week ago mother said I was grounded because I got home five hours late."

"And? Penelope I don't know if you know this but mom left at four am this morning. Something about a fashion show in Dallas. And Isaac is with grandma."

Wide Smirks rose on our face and we looked at each other. "Maybe we could have a little gathering after we shop?"

"Or a large gathering" Lele suggested and we giggled.

So much for a lazy day.

I changed my shorts into jeans and just switched my slippers into red velvet ballet flats.

I popped downstairs with a resting face.
"Re—". I was interrupted by the faint sound of a message alert.
___
Participant(s): Petty Penny

Today my special messages will reveal something sly.
Make up a lie
Say goodbye
Because if not... You may let something in that will truly ruin. Or has it been let in already?
Just let the snake strike.
In the end, you'll get a venomous bite.
~~~
You know you love me,
Anonymous
____

"Everything fine?" Lele asked, I nodded stuffing the phone back into my pocket.
What do they mean by "you'll get a venomous bite?"

At the moment, I feel as if everything is a lie.
Leia. (Charlie Worth) was a lie.
Father.
Emma.

I shook my head , trying to remove the bad memories and carried on walking.

***

Lele ran into the shops, "LOOK HOW CUTE THIS IS!" She exclaimed half across the store, earning me overly dramatic states. Some amused.

I twisted my heel ready to look at all the Christmas-scented body sets. All of a sudden I bumped into Luke, to say he was "sick" he looked extremely well.

"Luke?" I dumbly asked. "I see your well."

A bubbly golden blonde girl swiftly swiped past Luke, him still looking at me with hopeless eyes.
"I found the perfect gift you can buy me!"

It was as if a dagger had just been stabbed in my chest area. Like I was someone's own personal voodoo doll.

The most painful thing was, this girl looked nothing like a relative Luke would have. So it wasn't as if it was his sister or cousin, it wasn't like that.