35) Grandma Kim what?

"And Kian dominates the pitch and he scores again!" I sighed flipping over to another show from the football channel.

It was eight am and our teachers decided to let us get up at ten for a 'sleep in' because we're exhausted.

"Can't you find anything?" Veronica spoke making me jump from the cosy bed onto the cold wooden floor.

"Veronica! Veronica why?"

"Yeah that's my name, don't overuse it will you" she sarcastically replied, dragging her self out of bed into the bathroom to quickly slip in the shower and do her makeup.

I could not be bothered to do anything today, I just wanted to chill!

Anonymous hasn't texted me in a while...

My phone immediately beeped,

Speak of the devil,
Or not...

My phone rang loudly. Lele.

I picked up the phone and heard my sister screaming across the phone,

"Pen you need to come home! Somethings happened to grandma! We're going to ring your French teacher and arrange for you to go back no later than five pm today."

"Okay, okay, what's wrong with her?!"

"Pen, I'm really sorry..." And at that moment, I ended the call and tears spilt on my phone as I began to weep over what I had just witnessed.

I rushed over to my closet, grabbing a creme jumper, white skinny jeans, brown combat boots and I whipped my hair into a high pony.

"Veronica, I've gotta go!" I shouted in a raspy voice before opening the door and closing it behind me.

"Darling, what's up?" Frankie asked as I rushed downstairs.

She was currently wearing black Jean leggings, a cropped long-sleeved top and a navy furry jacket with no sleeves.
To top the look, fake white snakeskin flats and her hair had few mini braids in.

"Somethings happened to my grandma." I bellowed from the bottom of the stairs.

"Well let's go then" she ran down the stairs grabbing my hand and rushing out of the hotel's door.

***

After a tiring 7 hour trip from Paris to LA, I ran off the Plane, running into Lele's arms.

"Let's go home" I patted her shoulder and slid into the taxi.

When we arrived home, I saw my mother with a mascara stained face. Her normally blue eyes, now a green colour and bloodshot.

"What happened to her?" I asked as I took my shoes off and sat next to her.

"Apparently, she just went for a nap at 6 after waking up at 4:30am. When grandad went to check on her, he tapped her repetitively and she just wasn't breathing, she must have passed during her sleep. Hopefully her dreams were wild and happy." Mother managed to get out with more stops than I thought she would.

I breathed in, my lip quivering. "Well—"

"Well at least she died happily and with her husband. They have been together for fifty two years" I cried.

"I know. She had a full life though and we should be grateful that we got a long   Time with her though."

I nodded discreetly. "I'm going to change, mom, try to take a little rest. The more you think about it, the worst it'll seem."

Running upstairs, I slammed the door and got changed into rose-patterned pyjamas, before collapsing on to my bed and crying my eyes out.

It hurt so much.
The relationship between my grandma was the best it could have been, it was like a mother-daughter relationship.
Ma would always be there when mother was working which was a majority of my childhood. Even into teenage years.