32) Long way home

I woke up happily this morning. Maybe it was the fact that we were going on a school trip to Paris or the possibility of... Never mind, it's a Monday. Nothing can ever make me happy on a Monday morning. Well apart from the Paris trip.

We were travelling early (6:00am) so I had to wake up at 4:45 to make sure I looked presentable and had enough time to get to the school.

I grabbed a pair of Tara Ingham brown boots, Black tights, a skater skirt. Stripy long sleeved top and black scarf.

I put my hair into a high ponytail with my hair wrapped round the elastic causing a beautiful contrast between the dark brown and honey blonde colours.

Slinging a bag over my shoulder, I headed downstairs and applied mascara and little lipgloss then ate breakfast in the silent room.

Suddenly, I heard the creaking of old, wooden steps, in a chain reaction my head whipped around so fast it could cause whiplash and I saw Lele in all black. Head to toe.

"Lele" my voice sounded croaky and a little deeper than usual due to it being the first time I spoke that day.

"What are you doing up?" My sister said as she watched me eat strawberry pancakes.

"Paris trip, remember?"

"Oh yeah" she nervously laughed then sprinted up the stairs, tripping a few times.

Weird.

***

I was currently sitting on an airplane with Frankie at my Left and a supervisor at the school called Poppy.

Twiddling with my hair, I finally got the courage to talk to Frankie. Then all my confidence got crashed by Evan sitting next to Frankie. That traitor.

My fingers hovered over the text buttons for minutes and I didn't know why but I soon got alerted by my phone buzzing loudly.

From: Blocked number

"I see you are so lonely on that trip.
Do you want a friend?
We know Frankie will flip.
But.
I'm sure I need to lend you a thank you.
For the compliment.
Pay me back later..."

A familiar dainty hand tapped on my cold hand and I jumped back in surprise until I realised it was Frankie.

"Can we talk?"

I discreetly nodded and followed Frankie to the back of the plane on some empty seats.

"I'm really sorry" we both said at the same time and Frankie giggled yet I wasn't amused at the 'funny' gesture because I just wanted to see Lele or Damon.

"The plane will be landing shortly so buckle your seat belts as we land. Our safety here is our hands" A woman's voice came through the internal speakers.

I got up but was kept back by a warm hand, "aren't we going to figure this out?"

"Do you want to die today just because you didn't want to leave this petty argument as it is?" I harshly spoke.

I felt as if I couldn't trust anyone not related to me. It was hard to after what has happened over the past year.

I sat back in my seat and decided to listen to "American Idiot."