29) One way or another

This morning was unusual. First off, I woke up to the sound of my sisters voice.

I pondered towards my dresser from the warm pit I had made over the night of the 30th November. Grabbing:
• Red wine-coloured leggings.
• Beige oversized wooly jumper
• Brown Uggs

I simply combed through my extremely thick hair and left it at that with a tint of dark red lip balm.

Here I am now. Sat alone in my first lesson which happens to be a Maths exam that I hadn't studied for at all.

Luke is off sick. Frankie is apparently with her grandparents in Connecticut and Evan is probably cheering up Luke. So, I didn't have anyone for about a week.

A sharp hot pink nail tapped me on my shaking shoulder, I turned round and stopped looking at the empty teacher chair.

There Veronica was, her hair was placed into a high ponytail with some of her fiery red hair wrapped around the elastic.

She wasn't wearing her usual attire. It usually consisted of a pink mini-skirt, a floral tank and maybe 6" heels if she was feeling like it. This time... She was wearing a black,long,summer dress with 2" grey-shaded wedges.

"Can we talk?" She asked with genuine jealousy or... Guilt? Eyes.

Reluctantly, I pulled out the wooden chair beside me for her to sit on.

"Imreallysorryforeverythingivedonetoyou."

"What?"

She took a deep breath, "I'm really sorry for everything I've done to you."

Astounded, I didn't answer and just stood out of my seat.

"Say something" Ver pleaded.

"You can't just say that and expect me to accept your 'apology' after all the trust you've lost towards me. You helped my father flee and you said you didn't care that he died!" I almost screamed.

"I know. I was acting like one jealous redhead barbie."

"Exactly my words" I replied.

"Let me make it up to you"

"How?"

"Shopping!"

"Fine. This doesn't mean I'll forgive you though"

Strutting out the room , I pulled my jumper sleeves over my freezing hands and tried to exit the building but our official school "security" stopped us with his large hand straight across and in front of our bodies.
"Where Ya going missy?" He asked with a Texan accent.

I stuttered with my words, "we-we're. We're skipping school" I bluntly said.

Veronica slapped the back of my head,
"What?" I yelled.
"Don't lie doofus!" She lied giving me an intimidating look in her eye.

"Officer... Fred , we're skipping school because one of her family members is very sick. We've just received a call mentioning quote 'Aunt Beth is in hospital'. Jenny here, is just very overwhelmed at the moment."

My head twitched to the side when Veronica called me Jenny but I soon caught on.

"I'm terribly sorry for your aunt, Jenny..."