24) Red lips and little blips

I slept for all of 40 minutes between the hours of ten pm and 8 am. I couldn't stop thinking about Kate. How could she be my cousin? I'm pretty sure mother would have told me considering Kate attended the same school as me for four years.

I groggily arose from my bed and showered quickly with my red velvet cake shower lotion.

Getting out of the shower, I scrubbed my hair between my pink towel then tipped my head back over to comb the rest of it.

Dressing my self in a skull long sleeve tee, a red leather jacket , blue skinny jeans and black heeled boots. I brushed my hair into a high ponytail with a tint of red lip stain.

I received a message from an unknown number:
Meet me at thorn bush graveyard 8:45 don't be late. Sent 8:37.

So I went , not because I'd love to meet a stranger at a graveyard where my father is , but because I needed to know who the person was and why they wanted me there. Frankie would of course be coming.

My bets are on Kate.

Popping out the door, I was greeted by a tired looking Frankie. Her red pixie cut was disheveled and she was wearing : A black hoodie, navy leggings and Red Vans to match the tone of her hair.

"You ready?" She asked, I nodded my head as a reply reluctantly and walked in a fast pace until Frankie and I reached Thorn Bush Cemetery.

Frankie's facial expressions made an impression that I should be the first to go in. We walked along the gravel with tiny stones crunching under our shoes.

A familiar black-haired girl turned around , revealing two noticeable red heads.

Veronica, Zoë ?

I knitted my eyebrows together and proceeded to walk closer.

Veronica stood twirling her obviously dyed hair around her skinny fingers whilst pouting her glossed lips in an irritated way.

"Why is she here?" I spat at the word she.

Instead of Kate replying , Veronica interrupted.
"First I have a name, second I think you'll be intrigued when I tell you the reason I'm here"

She was waiting for my reply,
I huffed and spoke aloud, "and what is that reason?"

"Kate Isn't the only one who helped your dad, wanna hear the full story? Follow me or stay there like a clueless girl you always have been, Oh and Frankie, try to dress fashionably please? That jumper is cheap and stinks."

Frankie rolled her eyes to the back of her head.
After that, I realised, despite Ver's harsh additional comments , I needed to know the real story. Not that I didn't expect to get lied to first before the actual truth came out.

I followed Ver's clicks of her heels into the muddy forest to a part where no trees stood and just large rocks. Slopping down onto a rock, Ver sat opposite crossing her right leg over her left.

"So?"

"So what?" She spoke , her face expression was telling me that what I asked was dumb.

"Tell me the story"

She snarled but then began,