11) Settle

I ran into the house and saw mother holding a small and premature yet strong...looking baby.

It's eyes were baby blue and had a tiny bit of hair at the top of its small head.

The ambulance were just packing up and gathering their items and placing them inside a huge green and black bag.

"Mom?" I said.

She smiled with happiness.

I never thought she would have another baby. She's forty-two and when she turned forty she denied that she would ever have a baby again.

"Hold him, if you like..." She offered.

I silently and slowly walked over to the baby and grabbed him, into my welcoming and loving arms while supporting his head.

He had the cutest smile.
Apparently, nothing was wrong about him, although he was premature they said he was strong.

Later on, I walked upstairs and got a hot bath.

I needed one, there was so much stress that I had taken this week, I needed something to relax with.

I got a call on my phone from Luke whilst in the bath. I grabbed my phone and answered the call.

"Hello?" I said , happily while smiling.

"Hi, I'm out of the hospital and outside your house" he laughed.

"I'm in the bath "

"Get ready quickly" Luke said , mysteriously.

I clutched my neon green best top, and yoga shorts from Pink; Victoria secret, Then tied my brown hair into a high messy bun.

Walking outside , I saw Luke , he was well and although he was in a wheelchair , he brought be a bunch of yellow roses.

"Aww" I said, kissing him a thank you.

"Can I come in?"

"Sure"

Isaac cried from his nursery.

"Is that Isaac?"

"Yes, after I went and left you to rest, mother gave birth to him about three pm."

"Can I see him?"

I nodded and entered the nursery mum had already decorated months ago, no wonder she wouldn't let me in that room.

It was painted a faint / pastel yellow colour with huge giraffe wall stickers. There was a little desk for him when he grew older; in a couple of years ; filled with a frog stationary holder and multiple pieces of coloured paper.

Mom had made a collage. Of all our family.
There was mother and I and Lele and father.
I felt sorry for mother, when Isaac finally asks,
"Where's my father " or "do I have a father" because she would have to explain it to him which is hard for a child to understand , especially if he was young.

Luke just sat there in his wheelchair, hovering over his crib.

He was wrapped inside a white fleece blanket sleeping on his back.

He looked up at me and gestured his hands towards Isaac. He was asking to hold him.

I agreed and he held him inside his arms.

Mother was stood behind us ,

"Come on, I need to show you something..."

I gave Isaac to mother and then helped Luke up the stairs.

I sighed and entered my room,

I painfully huffed when I twisted right to collect up my photography folders.
"Are you okay?" He worriedly spoke,
"Yes I'm fine" I fake smiled.

I showed him the photos of the scenery captured when i went into a sunflower field at the age of fourteen.
"These are really good" he spoke "the filters and effects really bring out the sunflowers more"

"So how long have you been doing this?"

"About two years"

This hobby of mine wasn't to be taken seriously , I wanted to become... Something different, fashion designer of some sort.

"Does your mother know about your passion for photography or going into the fashion industry?" he said.

"She actually doesn't" I shot, "She'd be overly excited , telling me to work in her business but I don't really want that."
"Tell her,"

I smiled unsure.

But mother? Her business want my kind of fashion. It was all... Business-like.

It was silent for a few minutes
"Can I...er... take you to prom?" Luke asked.

My droopy smile widened and my eyes lit up, "of course!"

****
"Do you have any wishes ?" Mom asked.

"Well, I just want to be able to attend prom in three months without being busy and-."

"And what?"
"Work in the fashion industry or be a photographer"

"You can join mine!" She overly excitedly said.

I smiled unsure and started to go back into my room when mother spoke again,

"Are you going with Luke?"

"Yes"

I felt her happiness bounce of the walls.

"Better tell Lele".

A few hours later...
I told Lele, she wasn't happy.

It wasn't a surprise to me.

"You know I've wanted to work in mothers business!"

"Can't be both !"

"Your fashion is horrid" she unemotionally stated.

Geez, great way to put it Lele.

"If my fashion is so bad then why do you keep stealing my clothing?"

She stepped towards me and huffed.

"We all know your just jealous. I get to be in mothers line when she doesn't let you because you're under the 'appropriate age ' "

She slapped me across my face and it stung.

Too bad she can't take the truth.

I just ignored her with a wide fake smile.
"Lele, do you want to dye your hair? I remember us wanting to do it months ago but it never happened. I've got blonde and red dye"

"Red for me." She spat "This blonde is going a slight green colour due to hormones."

We scurried off into my small bathroom while Lele got some old clothes that she wouldn't mind getting dye on.

I applied the red dye to her hair. It was a dark pink colour when I applied it to her hair.

"I hope it'll suit me"

"I know" I interrupted, "I'm going to make sure of that"

Everything went silent .

"I'm really sorry" I eventually got out and she was smirking like she had been waiting,

"It's okay... Mistakes happen"