Surprise and Serenity..

Khushi was happily looking at her phone, her face beaming with a big smile... It was evident from her posture that she was texting someone... One moment, she was smiling brightly, and the next, she was blushing like a new bride while typing something on her phone... Avanti had been observing Khushi for a while and decided to catch her attention by clearing her throat...Khushi looked up at Avanti with a shy expression..

Avanti asked with a playful tone, 'What's the matter, my dear sister-in-law? Why are you blushing like that in the middle of college?..'

Khushi smiled and said 'Oh, it's nothing.. '

'What did Bhai say that you became red like tomato?' Avanti asked directly, as it was clear that Khushi was chatting with Arnav..

'Why should I tell you?..' khushi replied with an attitude..

Avanti chuckled mischievously and said, 'Yes, yes, don't share anything with your friend, but do share it with your family, especially what you guys do ops sorry, what you guys don't do in your room.. ' she teased with a playful tone...

Khushi's eyes widened, she playfully swatted Avanti's arm... 'Oh, stop it! it was just a slip of tongue..'

'Some things are meant to stay private, you know! Bechara bhai he was so embarrassed when you declared this to the entire family.. And fault was actually not yours alone, we all were behaving like an idiot.. I was also jumping on the thought of I am becoming bua without knowing the truth..' Avanti said twisting her lips..

Khushi looked down with embarrassment... 'I know, I should not have said like that..Poor Arnav ji!..'

'Don't mind me asking, I am asking because at first I am your friend and then sister in law..' She took a pause and then asked,' Is everything ok with you two? I mean, why you guys are not this close enough?..' Avanti asked with concern..

Khushi sighed softly, 'I... I don't know, Avi..' she admitted, her voice tinged with sadness... 'I love Arnav ji so much, but... I can't seem to say it to him. It's like the words get stuck in my throat every time I try... You know whenever he says that to me I want to reply that I love him too but I just can't..'  Khushi paused and said,' Also it feels like there's an awkwardness between us, and neither of us is taking that step to close it, to be honest he wants to close it but he is stopping himself for me... Maybe it's because for a long time, I kept telling my mind nothing can ever happen between us; I kept telling myself I am not allowed to love him, and my stupid mind is still stuck there even though we are married now..'

'Khushi, Bhai had done a lot to get you and suffered a lot to get your love.. Don't you think its unfair to him that you are not letting him know how you feel about him..He is probably waiting for your confession and this may create distance between you two..' Avanti said with a tone full of sincerity, which made Khushi little worried... 'Maybe you just need to think about what's holding you back and take that leap of faith..You know you are very lucky you got the man you always wanted, everyone is not as lucky as you..'

Khushi looked at Avanti gratefully... ' You're right.. I'm so lucky to have Arnav ji, he is so nice, understanding and I shouldn't let anything hold me back from expressing my love for him.. '

Avanti smiled warmly at Khushi,'You're welcome, my dear and do you know if I were in your place, I would make the man I love crazy by saying 'I love you' to him every chance I get.. ' she said with a playful wink..

Khushi laughed, 'Thank you for always being there for me, I know how you always played like a cupid between us, you always tried to bring us together... And remember if I ever get the chance to do the same for you, I will not think twice..'

Avanti felt a thud in her heart hearing that and took a deep breath, Khushi narrowed her eyes and said,'But I am surprised seeing how mature you became now a days..'