Echo's of Trust..

After checking in, Arnav went through security and found a quiet corner to wait for his flight..As he sat down, his phone buzzed with a message..

"Arnav ji, what are you doing? Did you board the plane yet?"

Arnav was still deeply engrossed in the thought of the message he saw earlier on Khushi's phone and felt extremely weird about it; gulping a lump, he replied, ''Checked in, waiting for the flight now.."

He didn't have to wait long before his phone started ringing, and it was none other than his impatient wife.. Typically, he would have answered her call with a smile, eager to hear her voice, but now, feeling annoyed and unsettled, he took a deep breath before answering, 'Hello?'

'Arnav ji, what are you doing? Is your fight on time?'

'Hmm..' Arnav replied, trying to mask his irritation..

Khushi sensed something was off, 'Are you ok? You sound off..'

'I'm fine, Khushi..' Arnav replied curtly.. 'Just worried about the trip..'

'Don't worry, everything will be fine.. You just come soon,please..'

'Why? Will you miss me?' Arnav asked with an furious tone..

Khushi was surprised by his tone,' What kind of question is that.. Of course, I'll miss you..'

There was a brief silence on the line before Khushi spoke again. 'Arnav ji ap thik to ho na? ..'

Arnav sighed, trying to keep his emotions in check, 'I said I'm fine.. Stop worrying..'

Khushi paused, feeling hurt by his abruptness, well she knew that its coming, still she is not used to with his this tone.. 'I already miss you Arnav ji,,'

Arnav so wanted to say, I will miss you too but he is not sure why words were getting stuck in his throat, he slightly smiled and said, 'Do you remember, last time when I went to aboard, right before my flight you called me with anger for calling you crazy..'

Khushi chuckled softly, remembering that day, 'Yes, I remember, you texted Avi and I was so annoyed.. But do you know after talking to you I cried a lot seeing how much you cared for me that you asked Avi to take care of me.. It made me feel special and helpless too, I really felt bad for behaving rude with you..'

Arnav's heart softened at her words, 'I did it because you are special to me Khushi..My most special one.. I always want you to be happy and safe..'

Khushi smiled big,'Isi liye to mein apse itna jiyada payaar karti hu..'

'Acha, then why didn't you tell me what was bothering you at that time? You should have told me at least once.. I might not have known exactly how to fix it, but I would have tried my level best.. Maybe I would have asked Ma to visit your parents, or figured out something else.. Our marriage would have been smoother, our relationship would have been stronger.. Why didn't you tell me anything? Did you not trust me even a little? jara sa vi varosha nahi tha mujpe, mere payaar pe?...'

Khushi made a face and muttered, 'Sorry..'

He sighed, 'If you would have told me, our courtship would have been better.. We could have shared those burdens together..'

Khushi hesitatingly asked, 'Are you feeling all this sadness because it's hitting you now, at the airport?..'

He was taken aback, 'Excuse me?'

Khushi sighed gently,'Oh ab mujhe samaj mein aya asli majla.. ap ush baat se dukhi ho rahe ho na ki saadi se pehle apko mujse ishq lara ne ka mouka nahi mila..(Now I understand.. The real issue isn't about being upset over these things. It's that you never got the chance to woo me before our marriage)'