Chapter Four

( Texts )

Matt: Soooo your evil ex jackass who cheated on you the whole time you were living with him lives in your new neighborhood! Not good, my friend.

Theo : Not really lives there. His uncle Simon lives there. In that big gorgeous old colonial house you and Saint fell in love with when you saw it. Somehow I blocked that information from my head when India told us about our house. But you are right.

Matt : How's Reed taking seeing The Idiot?

Theo : Better than I figured he would. He just thinks Pierce is a supreme joke.

Matt : He is a supreme joke from what you've told me. Is the soap that is your life going to prevent you all from coming here  for Taco Nite ? I'm working on a new recipe. I want to write a cookbook. I'm in my forties now. It's time I got serious. Least about my own career. I know my specialty is pastries and bread but I'm trying to branch out a bit. The head chef at the cafe said he may try to work it in the menu if it's actually good.

Theo : You know we never miss a chance to eat your food. Winnie and Dennis are coming too.

                   ---------

Saint: Wtf do you mean you want to sell the house! Man , you all just moved in. Besides it's a beauty in a great location. Great schools too. Low crime rate. And I'm not just saying that because I'm the mayor. Besides you all love that house. Theo is always in that garden of his.

Reed : True to all that. But it comes with the two biggest assholes I have ever encountered.

Saint: Oh dear God. What has Rodney Farnsworth done now ?

Reed : He breathes the same air as my family.

Saint: He's a hateful ass. And not the best most honorable business man. He has a lot of negative reviews on Yelp. My office is always fielding complaints on him. Wait. You said two ?

Reed : Yes. Pierce Johns. He wears Amani and Gucci on a Saturday afternoon.

Saint: Theo's ex ? That Pierce Johns?

Reed : I hope there's not more than one.

Saint: Ex or Pierce Johns?

Reed : ..........

Saint: Look here , man ! I'm forty five now. I'm not moving your stuff again. That shit was heavy. Especially your comic book boxes.

Reed : Those were Theo's.

Saint: ........