Chapter Thirteen

Reed's eyes fluttered open. His lips moved slightly. " Theo , I love....."

                 -------------

Sherlock Holmes came out of the back of an ambulance followed by Superman on a stretcher pushed by two paramedics at the nearby George Washington University Hospital Center. Behind the ambulance stopped an expensive SUV with mayoral license plates. Out of the SUV came a stern faced clown and a nervy looking hobbit.

No this wasn't the latest city joke making it's rounds. This was the immediate scene when Reed Fisher arrived at the hospital in complete cardiac arrest.

Theo stood in the emergency room waiting room between the two friends that were comforting him.

                  ( Texts)

Saint: Winnie, Reed ..... Reed..... had a stroke tonight. He's in surgery. Theo is talking to Reed's mom in Texas. Of course Theo will stay here tonight. So will Matt and me. We need you and Dennis to stay at Theo and Reed's tonight with the kids. Are they ok ?

Winnie: OMG. Not Reed. Yeah. Yeah. They had fun. Got a lot of candy tonight. Dennis is getting them ice cream now. Hug Theo for me !

Saint: Got it. He'll be ok. They both will. I went to Harvard medical school. I am a good doctor. I helped with CPR. He's going to make it.

Saint: He has to make it. I have three best friends. Matt. One in New York. And Reed. He has to make it. Oh my God. He can't.....

Saint: Winnie. Keep the kids away from tv especially the news.

------------

Winnie: Theo, it's going to be ok. He'll be fine. He's the strongest man I know. I'm praying for him. And you. The kids are ok. I love you both.

Theo : I love you too, son. Hug Benji for me. I'm so tired. I can't lose him.