Chapter Nineteen

Lieutenant Rhodes made one last visit to Chestnut Street.

To place Simon Johns under arrest. He was the heart and soul of the neighborhood and now he was arrested for two murders. And the neighborhood could not believe it. That night several neighbors started a go fund me page for his defense fund. Every single household donated to it including Laurie Lynn and Theo.

Laurie Lynn had been standing on her porch when the police took him away.

Simon refused to accept the money. He confessed his crimes and pleaded guilty. He was right. Because of his dementia he was placed in a highly secured nursing home for his final days. Theo planned to visit him when he was settled in.

His house was also being sold. To Mayor Zack " Saint" St. Austin and Matthew St. Austin. Livvie had gotten her way.

After a few weeks Reed came home to his loving happy family and friends. He had a stronger BP med and was to take physical and speech therapy for a certain amount of time.

Laurie Lynn Farnsworth had sent her misbehaving older son to a strict military boarding school. She had also taken the reins at the car dealership where the standard improved tenfold. Her new slogan was " The Driest Cars In The City".  Sam was a constant visitor to the Walton Fisher house with him , Benji and Livvie being inseparable friends. And Laurie Lynn had taken to meeting Theo and Matt at Kelly's in Dupont Circle once a week for coffee and gossip.

Life was once again peaceful on Chestnut Street.

                 -------------

( Texts )

Winnie: Theo ! Denny poo and I have finally picked a wedding date! And a place! We're getting married next summer in his hometown!

Theo : About time. It's been years since he asked you. We were giving up hope. Where is his hometown?

Winnie: West Virginia!

Theo : ...........

Author Note : I kinda felt sorry for Old Simon. Stay tuned for the next installment Theo and Reed's Blessed Groomzilla Event. We're marrying off Winnie Palmer. For better or worse.