Chapter Twelve

" Don't be stupid! ," Theo snapped tersely. He pulled away from his annoying ex. What had he ever seen in this foolish man? Reed. Where was Reed ? He had to get to Reed. " Reed didn't kill anyone! He wouldn't hurt a fly. In fact he doesn't. He refuses to even use mousetraps ! Don't touch anything! "

With that, Theo turned to head downstairs to alert his host of what had happened upstairs. And that Simon needed to call the police. And his heart pounded because he just knew which cop would show up.

                     -------------

" Can't you stay out of trouble for one night, Walton Fisher? ," Lieutenant Meg Rhodes snapped. Theo ignored her because he was more concerned about Reed who was now looking very sober , very tired and very stressed. And he kept rubbing his head while placing the other hand on his chest.

Saint stepped forward. He was about to do something he didn't like to do. Throw his political weight around. " Lieutenant, I don't think that's a very respectful tone to take with a tax paying resident of our fair city, do you? "

Matt stepped beside his husband and nodded. Matt was actually very drunk at this point.

The tall stocky Black woman's eyes widened as she saw the mayor and his husband standing there. Shit , she thought. She gulped suddenly. " Mayor St. Austin, sir, oh dear. I didn't know you were here. And your..... delightful husband as well. You're both looking very well tonight. Great costumes. You can both leave. I'm very sure neither of you have anything to do with what happened here tonight. "

Matt wagged his fingers in the air and said," Oh no ! We're not going anywhere without Theo and Reed. "

Saint nodded and crossed his arms firmly. " Be careful, lieutenant. The MPD has a lot of harassment claims especially your unit. Be very careful. I'm staying. And I'm watching. "

The lieutenant sighed mournfully. She said," Well then. Shouldn't take long, sir. A Dr. Pierce Johns states that he has been a witness to quite a few contentious moments between Mr. Fisher here and the deceased. He said there is bad blood between them. Is that true, Mr. Fisher? "

At the moment Reed couldn't answer her question. In fact he didn't look capable of answering any questions.

Reed had fallen down on his knees. He looked like he was in pain. Theo was kneeling beside him , looking very worried. "Reed ? Reed , are you ok ? You don't look well. "

In that moment Saint the mayor quickly shifted to Saint the doctor as he bent down to take Reed's pulse. " Reed ? ," he asked. " Hey , Reed, buddy, talk to us. Are you having any pain or discomfort? "

Reed mumbled something they couldn't understand and then he began to convulse into a frenzied bout of seizures right before their horrified eyes.

" REED! ," Theo screamed.

Saint called out ," Rhodes , get those paramedics in here ! NOW ! "

The paramedics quickly ran into the living room and over to a still convulsing Reed.

" Jesus," one of the medics said as he took his vitals. " His bp is 200 over 125. "

Theo said tightly," What's going on? Reed ? Reed? "

Saint looked at Theo briefly before tending to Reed again. " Theo , I do believe he's having a stroke. "