How it started

Logan dropped down on the seat, letting his baggage drop next to it. Luckily the lounge he was in, was nearly empty. The American buried his head in his hands, fingers tugging at his blonde hair. He felt so inadequate. He loved Williams and F1 but the last week tested everything his mental capacity could offer and even today they tested his last strength.

Before he left for the airport, to get back to London, getting some free days before he needed to, maybe – maybe not- leave for Japan. The team had sat him down to tell him why they decided to give Alex his car to drive.

He felt angry, sad, disappointed. He was angry at the team, at James, and even though he knew better he was a bit mad at Alex. His head throbbed painfully. The teams words spinning through his thoughts "You need a bigger fan base, more social media influence, make yourself a brand." He groaned "You are likeable but you always look like you don't want to be here, interact more with the others drivers, make more friends, be more extroverted." He tilted his head back, hands covering his eyes "You are a driver but that just isn't enough anymore, we gave you another contract because we see you potential but you need to use that chance big time."

Logan knew that most of the drivers in the grid were such characters- Even his friend Oscar had created that brand out of himself, why couldn't Logan? Yes he was "THE AMERICAN" on the grid but for the most European fans that was more like a flaw and they openly showed him that. He felt invisible, like no one was interested in him unless something happened on the racetrack.

Still sulking he tried to find a way to push these thoughts away from him. Rebrand himself? Maybe he could ask Oscar for some tips. The boy pulled out his phone, but as he opened the Chat, he closed it again "This is humiliating." He huffed. Just then his phone vibrated.

It was Oscar?? Logan was surprised, had his friend sensed something "Look up" Confused Logan lifted his head to look around. And there he was. Oscar, in his orange team shirt, looking at him with his phone in hand. Next to him the second McLarren driver. Lando was wearing orange as well, also watching the American. Oscar waved to him. Logan returned the greeting still confused and a bit embarrassed.

Frantically he tried fixing his hair a bit, he knew he looked like he hadn't slept in days and it was kinda true. Oscar said something to Lando and the two boys walked over. Oscar smiled at him "Hello Logan, what a surprise." Logan hummed "Yeah." He looked back and forth between he other drivers "um, do you want to sit?" He received a big smile from his old friend "Thank you" They sat down.

Logan noticed how Lando hadn't said a word until now, that was something new. Not knowing what to do the Williams driver just watch them sit, exchanging gazes with each other. The feeling of something was going to happen staked him. And then Oscar breathed out the question "Are you okay? We kind saw you ... earlier."

The American stared at his friend, slowly turning his head to looked at Lando to, before an "Oh" escaped him. It felt worse now that he knew they were watching. The sour feeling in his stomach getting worse. His heart beating faster and breath hitching "I..." He swallowed the rest of the sentence. Lando smiled at him warmly "Should I go, give you a moment?"

Logan shook his head "It doesn't matter. I mean you know... about the weekend so..." Oscar cleared his throat next to him "Logan, talk to us. We want to help." The American huffed, half laughed sarcastically "Help? There is nothing you can do. My weekend was shit even though I didn't do anything wrong. I knew this was gonna be hard but I fell so shit. I hate it." It felt like acid was running through his veins "I hate it all, the car, the travelling, I wanted this so long and now I just hate it. All. I feel so out of place, all the time." Oscar tried stopping him "Beginnings are always..." But Logan didn't let him speak "Please don't. You had a great first year and I am really proud of you, but don't tell me how all beginnings are ruff. My Team already told me how I should be more like you, have more fans, more friends get along with every driver." His friend looked at him worriedly "They did what? Logan you know its not good to compare yourself. We are in different teams, that's making a big difference to start with."

Lando suddenly tuned up "You feel out of place? Like what do you mean?" The blonde watched the Briton with his hawk eyes "The team told me I need to make myself a brand...like you or Calros or Oscar. I am not...enough. I guess." He felt how hurt he was as these words left his mouth, but they were true. Tears started to whelm up as he hide away in his Elbow.

A hand was placed on his shoulder, trying to sooth him. Probably Oscars. The boy tried concentration on his breath just like her learned. The Aussie accent tuned up "I am sorry Logan, can we help you?" When he was sure his tears wouldn't fall Logan looked back Oscars caring face "No, I don't think so." SO they sat there in silence, Oscar stroking Logans shoulder and Lando at his phone.

Lando suddenly spoke up "Do you feel plain? Like you fade into the grey mass of people around you?" Logans mouth dropped "W-What?" The Briton stared back, not getting Logans confusion "That's what it says in the article?! Want me to tell you what it recommends?" The American fell back into his seat "Sure I don't know anything else anyways anymore."

The other boy nodded "So... firstly it says to choose daring fashion." Oscar laughed "I don't think that is something for Logan." The other nodded "Okay so, secondly experiment with hair?" Logan shook his head "No way, not my hair." Lando looked at him. It made a slight blush spread over Logans cheeks "I take some bride in my hair, I am not gonna ruin that too." Lando smiled "As you should, your hair looks great." That made Logan blush some more. But the Briton didn't even notice, already back to reading the article "So the last one: Find a date outside your Type?"

Now it was Oscar who laughed "I mean I don't get how that should help, but it would mean that you would date in the first place so I would say that's the winner." Logan groaned and hid in his hands again "To get the kind of attention I need I would need to date some celebrity or something and I am not interesting enough for them to consider me." The other two drivers hummed.

Again, it was Lando who spoke first "Or like... someone from the same gender maybe. Like on the grid. That would get a LOT of attention." Logan startled; his voice was higher then normally "What? What do you know?" His eyes darted at the smaller one. Oscar promptly tried to relax the situation "I don't think he knows anything. It was just an idea. Right Lando?" The addressed nodded slowly. His eyes were fixed on Logan, sizing him up "Is there something I should know?" The blonde kept his mouth shut staring right back. The air was loaded with tension. When not one of them gave in Oscar cleared his throat "So... I think thats enough you two. Logan, Lando only made a suggestion he thought off, and Lando you really should think before just blurting out stuff."