Dancing in the rain

The preparation for the races didn't go that good for Logan but he got through it. He got a new chance in qualifying. Then came the rain. First he hated it, hated how the universe seemed to play with him. The session got suspended. Frustrated Logan needed a break from the tense mood in the garage. The rain felt cold on his skin the little droplets drenching him, but he didn't care. It felt so surreal as the pressure left his body.

Suddenly he laughed out, hysterically. The stress from the last days, hours, minutes breaking down the last bridge. Like a little kid he started to twirl around, genuinely relishing the peace he felt. The world just a blurr, far away. Just as far as his worries, his fears the things that ate up his motivations every day.

"Logan?" The blonde stopped, wiping the water off of his eyes as good as possible. There stood Lando. Lando who had woken him with soft kisses on his forehead. Lando with this worried expression logan hated, especially if it was because of him "Lando." They stood there staring at the other. The Williams driver was the first to speak up "You hate the rain." The Britain smiled softly "With you I'd stand anytime, even in the poring rain." He walked closer offering a hand to the younger "dance with me."

The American carefully took the offer "But I am leading I saw you dancing with Daniel and I am sorry mate but you are bad at it." The smaller driver huffed "Meanie." But he let Logan garb onto him, pulling him in more. His hands on Logans broad shoulders, his body pressed against the taller one. Lando felt their bodys touch in multiple places, exchanging body heat. He was rarely shy but dancing with Logan in the rain on the racetrack while whoever watched felt domestic.

The Williams driver smiled down on him. His lips drawn into a bewitched smile. It was clumsy and far from skilled, but it was real and he loved.

In that moment his brain clicked. He – loved-it. He-loved-Lando. Logan tried to push the warm feeling down, think about it later when they weren't on display for the whole world, via Instagram, Tiktok, Youtube. Still the boy felt giddy and out of inspiration he grabbed Landos hips lifting him up.

The Briton giggled out, wrapping his arms around Logans neck laughing loudly. It made Logans heart swell even more with fondness. Carefully he swirled them around in pure joy not caring for anything else.

Their little rucks ended with Landos Manager calling him back into the motorhome so he wouldn't get sick. The American pulled himself away and they both felt the cold creep in. Lando wrapped his arms around himself, before looking up at Logan "Can we meet up later? I think we need to talk." The blonde breath hitched "Uhm...yeah sure. My room or yours?" Lando blinked some raindrops away "Mine? Around 8?" Logan nodded "Alright, I'll be there." And they parted their ways now seeing how many eyes were actually on them.

When it was time for Logan to leave for the McLaren Hotel Lando stayed in he was dressed in some good jeans and a thin but tight black knit sweater. He tried to look good, choosing what to wear kept his mind busy, keeping the fear away.

Lando opened the door. He had changed three times, cleaned his room afterwards again and was pacing around until he heard the knock.

This time he didn't hug the American. The blonde walked past him, awkwardly standing in the middle of the room. Lando took a minuet to look at the other "Carlos talked to me...?" That made Logan tense up "He did..." Under his breath the boy added "I told him not to." The Briton now stepped closer "Why did you? I wanna know if anyone harasses you."

Logan made big eyes "Oh no, they weren't harassing me." But the McLaren driver shushed him "Carlos told me exactly what happened, and they did. Why didn't you stand up for yourself?" the youngers eyes pointed to the floor. He had to swallow hard. This wasn't what he expected from the invitation. He only noticed his hands fidgeting with his sleeves when Lando grabbed them "Logan, please. I need to know you are safe. I feel so...I fell like I need to protect you. Always. And Carlos telling me you weren't made me angry."

The blonde looked up. He could see the hurt in Landos eyes and it hurt him more. His voice sounded thin, like a child "I don't want you to worry, I don't want you to get tired of me and leave again. I am gonna be all alone. Please. You already did so much." The others eyes softened "Darling, I worry because I care. I want you to be happy all the time and I want to do anything I can so you wont be sad ever again. I love the way you smile when you are happy, so I don't think I can leave again. Ever."

Logan cried out "Lando." That got the Briton moving. Pulling the taller one in his arms like on the day Logan landed at the airport. Close, warm, safe. The couple stood there convoluted in each other until Lando whispered out "Angle, I need to know, is this only for your social media presence? Or is this real?" The American pulled back so he could make eye contact "This is real, this is me falling head over heels in love with you." He made sure Lando could his eyes, hoping he would believe him.

The older nodded slowly, watching the way Logans eyes glistened from the tears, how the pink blush lingered over his cheeks and the strong hands gripping his arms "That's good, I feel the same and its been driving me crazy not having you around, fearing someone else could snath you away." He cupped his face with on hand "Angle, I want you to be mine. We can talk about it all tomorrow or next week but I need to know that there will be a next week together."

Logan felt his heart nearly burst when Lando admitted it all. It was real – him and Lando. Lovingly he gazed up, his voice dripping with admiration "Yes, I want it, I don't want it just for the dumb social media stuff and we never need to post anything again, I just want you. Just you."

The boy felt how Landos hand wandered in his hair, pulling his head down a bit. He knew what was gonna happen and then their lips met. Their kiss was full of love and promise. One for them to remember. When the two boy did pull away Logan gasped. This was it, this was what he wanted.

Lando kissed him again, His lips warm, soft against the others. His one hand resting against Logans side, pinched at the skin under the others shirt. As the American groaned, the Briton took the chance deepening the kiss. He finally got the blonde for himself. He felt the earth slowing down, as long as he just kept kissing Logan.

But even them needed air to breath and so he pulled away. The younger smiled at him before cuddled in his chest whispering "Mine." And just that made Lando shiver "All yours, and all mine." He disengaged his body a bit from the Americans "Lets lay down in bed yes?" The younger nodded, following him to the king-sized Hotel bed.

Just like in Monaco Logan laid in Landos chest, his hands buried on the smallers back so he could be as close as possible. They enjoyed the soft silence for a moment before Lando asked "Logan I – we need to talk about this weekend at least. What do you want to do?" The younger hummed. He knew the answer he had entertained the idea more then once in the last days "I don't want them to know. Not yet. We can tell some friends and family, but... but I don't want the whole world in our business." He gulped "I thought about this a lot and I am probably not gonna have a seat at the end of the season I don't want any of that to drama to affect this. They will say I am just using you and stuff."

Lando felt the hard yank in his heart again "Sweetheart I am sorry." He caressed the others back "I know this is hard for you and I appreciate you telling me al this. I think it's the right decision." He leaned back down kissing his partner again "I mean we kinda need to tell Alex and Oscar, they have been all big brother about this." Logan laughed in Landos neck "Yeah they were. You think they will be happy?" Lando nodded "I know they will." They kept kissing, cuddling and talking more and more. At some point Lando groaned "I love this, but we need to sleep. We do have a job to do tomorrow."

Logan hummed. Carefully he reaped "Do you think I...I could stay? Or should I leave?" The McLaren driver tightened his grip on him "Stay." And he did. Tossing in the arms of the others, buried in the love they felt.